more fly tipping - Cyrena Road

katanita

Oh dear, a whole load of ripped open black rubbish bags and stuff everywhere on Cyrena Road just off Whateley Road. Also some outside a property on Barry Road as well. Have reported both to the council and they said they would be sorted Monday or Tuesday.

Since in both cases they were heavily ripped it does look like maybe someone had moved them and opened them to have a look through, but that did have the effect of revealing that in both cases there were lots of soft furnishings and/or clothes. So whilst the original owner may not have been the fly tipper, perhaps they are not aware that there are textile recycling banks at both Peckham Rye (by the cafe) and Sainbury's? I think they take basically anything textile which can then be given to someone who needs it or recycled into something new.

If anyone did see who dumped all that stuff maybe PM me and I can add it to the info I gave the council. I wish some people would have a bit more care for our shared environment, it's so depressing to see this! :(