East Dulwich Station Bridge

Service Alteration

Bridge struck by a road vehicle at East Dulwich

THIS INCIDENT HAS BEEN CLEARED Last updated 08/07/2008 14:13

Route Affected West Croydon, Selhurst, Norbury, Streatham, Tulse Hill, East Dulwich, Peckham Rye & London Bridge

Description A bridge having been struck by a road vehicle is causing disruption in East Dulwich area. Because of this, there will be changes to some train services.

There is currently no train service between North Dulwich and East Dulwich.

Local buses, First Capital Connect and Southeastern are accepting Southern passengers on all reasonable routes.

Diverted services

Services between Smitham and London Bridge, and between West Croydon and London Bridge will be diverted via Forest Hill calling at all stations.

This disruption is expected to continue until at least 13:30.

Time reported cleared 08/07/2008 14:13

National Rail

i saw the flat bed truck tipped up. the workman on the estate and i were laughing at the stupidity of the driving to have forgotten to put his crane down. all the trains are crawling past the back of the house so i would say that a normal service seems to have resumed, only one train crosses the bridge at a time.

I was on the 176 this morning when this happened. The buses were diverted into Dulwich Village (East Dulwich Road) onto a road with a low bridge (an act of pure genuis given the nature of the original incident). The buses all stopped and put the passengers off so but there were so many buses blocking the road that there needed to be a diversion around the diversion.

sweetgirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> kford.... was it really like that? can't

> picture that to be honest:-S

The jib of the backloader wedged under the bridge, pulling the cab and front wheels in the air; not as high as in that shot, admittedly, but still, a few feet off the ground.