Southwark council licencing decision on The Fox on the hill pub

se22cat

I thought people who like this pub might be interested in this, I couldn't attach the .pdf as it is too large to do so here.

NOTICE OF DECISION

LICENSING SUB-COMMITTEE ? 2 DECEMBER 2014

LICENSING ACT 2003: FOX ON THE HILL, 149 DENMARK HILL, LONDON SE5 8EH

1. That the application by Robin Phillips for Review of the Premises Licence issued under the

Licensing Act 2003 in respect of Fox On The Hill, 149 Denmark Hill, London SE5 8EH is

agreed as follows:

2. Conditions

1. That the front beer garden will be closed to customers at 22.00.

2. That the small car park adjacent to Denmark Hill shall be the designated smoking area

after 22.00 each day.

3. That staff shall keep a log of any noise related disturbance arising from the external

areas of the pub. Such records shall be kept for a minimum of 90 days and shall be made

available for inspection by any responsible authority.

4. That staff will supervise the dispersal of customers from 23.00 until all customers have

left the premises to ensure that noise from departing customers is kept to a minimum.

5. That vehicles shall not be permitted to enter the large car park at the front of the

premises after 22.00. Any cars parked in this area prior to this time will, however, be

permitted to exit the car park.

6. That signage reminding customers to leave quietly shall be prominently displayed within

the premises.

7. That customers shall be encouraged to depart the premises via the exits closest to

Denmark Hill after 22.00.

8. That local residents shall be provided with the email address and contact telephone

numbers for both the Fox on the Hill and the area manager.

3. Reasons

The licensing sub-committee heard from the applicant for the review who advised that he

submitted the application following intermittent public nuisance disturbance. He had noticed

an increase of disturbance between March 2014 and September 2014. Since submitting the

review application, a meeting had been held with senior management from the premises and

a number of conditions were agreed. The conditions had been in place for a trial period since

mid-October and appeared to address his concerns.

LICENSING SUB-COMMITTEE ? 2 DECEMBER 2014 The licensing sub-committee noted that the Metropolitan Police Service had withdrawn their

representation.

The licensing sub-committee heard from the representative from the premises who accepted

that there had been issues relating to the control of dispersal from the premises. They

advised that in line with their licence conditions, they had quarterly meetings with residents.

At the meeting on 13 October 2014, the conditions listed above were proposed and agreed

with the applicant for the review and other residents. In addition, further physical changes

were being made to the premises to control any future risk of disturbance to the residents.

They also advised that they had commissioned six feet tall signage asking customers to leave

in a quiet and responsible manner. They advised that the conditions and the additional

physical measures would address the applicant?s concerns and prevent similar issues

occurring in the future.

The licensing sub-committee noted the positive engagement between the applicant for the

review and the premises. The sub-committee were satisfied that the conditions agreed in

addition to the physical works proposed would address the previous concerns raised by the

applicant for the review.

In reaching this decision the sub-committee had regard to all the relevant considerations and

the four licensing objectives and considered that this decision was necessary and

proportionate.

4. Appeal Rights.

The applicant may appeal against any decision to modify the conditions of the licence; and

Any person who made relevant representations in relation to the application who desire to

contend that:

a) That variation ought not to have been made; or

b) That, when varying the licence, the licensing authority ought not to have modified the

conditions of the licence, or ought to have modified them in a different way

May appeal against the decision

Any appeal must be made to the Magistrates? Court for the area in which the premises are

situated. Any appeal must be commenced by notice of appeal given by the appellant to the

justices? clerk for the Magistrates? Court within the period of 21 days beginning with the day on

which the appellant was notified by the licensing authority of the decision appealed against.

Issued by the Constitutional Team on behalf of the Director of Legal Services.

Date: 2 December 2014

LICENSING SUB-COMMITTEE ? 2 DECEMBER 2014