A heartfelt message from The Dream Machine...

...brothers and sisters, the time has come to hand things over.

No, seriously.

Over the next few weeks I am going to be going away to various festivals with yndi halda and The Early Years.

I will also be away on tour in the UK with Je Suis Animal and then heading off to the US with yndi halda.

So, what's going to happen to the shop ?

Well, in simple terms, it's over to you.

The whole idea behind The Dream Machine is that it is a community space, run by volunteers, who wish to keep something independent alive.

In essence, The Dream Machine is an excercise in ANARCHO-SYNDICALISM.

A little definition.

Anarcho-syndicalism is a branch of anarchism which focuses on the labour movement.

Anarcho-syndicalists view labour unions as a potential force for revolutionary social change, replacing capitalism and the State with a new society democratically self-managed by workers.

Anarcho-syndicalists seek to abolish the wage system, regarding it as "wage slavery," and state or private ownership of the means of production, which they believe lead to class divisions.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking, " who does this twat think he is ? ".

Well, my friends, I am no different to you.

I need to work and well let's face it, there ain't NO MONEY in running a record shop.

But, what we do have here is an opportunity for us to make a stand.

We have an opportunity for all the independent artists, musicians, actors, traders and free thinking individuals and groups out there to have their own space to promote and sell there work.

And for this to happen, it needs the community to support it.

So, once again, please do let me, Bertie, Elaine or Immy know if you are interested in helping out at The Dream Machine.

I am a flaky fuck sometimes and am constantly running around like a headless chicken.

So, if I don't get back to you, it's not because I don't want your help, it's probably because I'm :

a ) not near a computer

b ) got no credit, so can't call you

c ) looking after my daughters

But, believe me, I DO NEED YOUR HELP.

And don't forget to come to the launch party on MONDAY 28TH JULY.

Tickets on sale now.

THE DREAM MACHINE

89 LORDSHIP LANE

LONDON

SE22 8EP

Still sounds great.

I haven't forgotten about my Guitar Player magazine donation, John. Just been busy with work or kids. I too intend to use your space socially or personlly. I s'pose you can have demos on circulation in there, can't you?

John, I've been off sick for six weeks but I'd be willing in the near future to come in and help out. I've got some time off in a couple of weeks and would love to come in and spin some records, make tea, sell stuff, play my guitar very badly and sing out of tune and dance madly round the room if the urge took me. I could give you some old music mags too and possibly some vinyl once I've sorted through some of them.

Anarchy for the ED

It's coming sometime

maybe.

Wife?s out of town this weekend so I would be happy to help out on Saturday.

"spin some records, make tea, sell stuff, play my guitar very badly" as Jah said. It will keep me out of the pub.

Will I have to wake up early? I?m not very good at that.

I plan to recover some of my life from the world of money over the summer, so happy to do the odd day, or the more frequent half day or couple of hours.

I take it you've got some decks in there? (Can't remember from when I was down there.)

hehe bon3yard - I know what you mean - but in his own words:

"I am a flaky @#$%& sometimes and am constantly running around like a headless chicken.

So, if I don't get back to you, it's not because I don't want your help, it's probably because I'm :

a ) not near a computer

b ) got no credit, so can't call you

c ) looking after my daughters "

Im happy to put in a couple of hours a night a week or on the weekend, Im out of ED generally between 7.30 and 7 every day (doing the drudge to Can Wharf) but outside of that am totally happy to help out!!

Not sure if I can make the relauch party but will see what I can move around..

Jules :))