Dog poo on pavements in ed

i*Rate

Hi,

I do noticed that dog owners continue to let their dogs mess on the pavements, with no regard for children, the elderly and the blind and I've even seen it at the gates of primary school nearby.

However, today I saw the ultimate insult - three different piles of muck right next to the 'Bag it' sign stenciled on the pavement!

Well to whomever that was (you probably don't have the savvy to be on the forum, anyway) are you having a laugh? Is it some sick way to cause trouble for the people around here?

Anyway, one day I might 'lose it' if I see someone doing it, which won't do me any good.

Cheers all.

i*Rate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi,

>

> I do noticed that dog owners continue to let their

> dogs mess on the pavements, with no regard for

children, the elderly and the blind

Well, I'm not a Child, Not elderly and not Blind

...but I don't like it either..

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Well there is usually a 'bod' with a machine

> blowing the leaves all over the place..

>

> Perhaps they need a machine with 'Suck Mode'

>

> Just a thought.

>

The machine doesn't suck leaves up! It would have to be enormous to do that!

It blows them to get the leaves into one big pile so that they are easier to collect ..... :)

I had to clear some dog mess from outside my house last week!

I don't have any pets but since moving to ED I've had to clear up cat mss from my front garden at least weekly and dog mess on a regular basis (It's revolting).

It's the same in our parks too. Not nice at all.

Hi Mustard,

Fellbrigg Road, off North Cross Road is where I saw the 'defaced signs', but the dog poo problem is spread around ED.

By the way, I was dog owner myself for over 10 years and walked both of them around ED and the Rye often, clearing up using old carrier bags before the council provided bins and free bags. Both dogs had long lives and passed away peacefully; they now have graves in the garden. I like cats too, so I'm not a pet hater.

Trouble is with the situation, is that there are no 'bobbies on the beat' anymore to see this going on and as for tackling the dog owners yourself - well you could get into serious trouble!

Thanks.

It's just ironic as that road is awful for dog poo and James arranged for bag it and bin it stencils plus bins and it has not improved anything at all , in fact I would say there appears to be more dog fouling . These people need dog poo rubbed in their faces as they evidently do not care at all and it's obviously the same offenders as its every day but around here is awful for poo though some pavements are better than others .

When I lived in Lewisham in the late 70's there used to be a "Pooper Scooter" doing the rounds. Does anyone remember them?

The driver had a large suction tube and took up the offending mess into a central tank on the scooter.

I guess it only took one accident to show the council why it was such a bad idea...at least for the Pooper Scooter driver....

Dear All,

Sorry about using upper case for the title, I didn't think about the agreed format for titles - too furious at the time!

The example that I gave was definitely not fox poo, that has a distinctive smell.

Very surprised to hear about the council coming around to clear in up, but they have in fact had a fleet of sweepers out today so this lot should be gone now.

Cheers, thanks and Seasons Greetings to everyone.

WW, you obviously don't walk down the roads we walk down every single day because there iS poo on a very regular basis and it's disgusting .

We all walk with our heads down now as we are so used to seeing poo and and trying to step out of the way of each poo encounter .

Lots of people don't see the poo either judging by the ones that have been stepped in.

worldwiser Wrote:

> I regularly walk all over ED. I have never once

> encountered canine faeces and therefore I can only

> imagine this is both rare and potentially vulpine.

I used to think the same, till one day I found my own nice clean road covered in big dollops of poo :(

worldwiser Wrote:

> I regularly walk all over ED. I have never once

> encountered canine faeces and therefore I can only

> imagine this is both rare and potentially vulpine.

Ah, so you're the guy who keeps walking through dog turd and spreading it further up the pavement? :)

This one comes around on a regular basis and might create the impression that ED is full of irresponsible dog owners. In fact it just takes just one bad owner in a population of 100's to have an impact. Dogs go twice a say, so within one week you can have a sizeable problem on the route frequented by one dog and bad owner.

The solution is, in my view, twofold. Stiff fines for those caught red-handed followed by compulsory training in responsible ownership. Enforce compulsory use of leads. Dogs walking ahead or behind owners offlead are more likely to defecate without the owner 'noticing'.

However, it is most likely that the problem us caused by a few and does not involve the majority of ED dog owners.