Landells Road junction with Lordship Lane CLOSED

This junction is closed due to an unsafe building and dangerous scaffolding at 373 Lordship Lane.

A roof collapsed causing the shop owner to be injured. The london Fire Brigade were called and Southwark Building control called out. They have highlighted the scaffolding is overloaded and dangerous as well.

The shop is on a long lease and the freeholder clearly hasn't managed the building works properly.

Southwark Building Control are organising an engineer to advise how to make the scaffolding safe, then ensure the works take place and then reopen the junction.

Any problems or concerns please get in touch with me.

Do we know what purpose the scaffolding is serving? Seems to have been up for ages with very little work going on. Similarly in that little strip, what is happening at the old french place? There seemed to be a lot of activity a few months ago, but that seems to have stopped.

Adding this post to say the guys from the old shop & Post Office have been serving the community long before Sainsburys Local appeared. Its previous incumbent was a motor spares outlet

Also curious as to why the feverish work on the former Le Moulin place has stalled......

As an aside to the building work abutting the shop in question.....

In the middle of last year, i was picking up some dry cleaning from the chap on the other corner, whilst a very large Metropolitan Police vehicle appeared to be delivering re-conditioned bricks to the workmen on site at this place

I didn't imagine it because passers by were stopping to look

I was only speaking to them in there new shop last week and they was saying how they have tried everything to try and do something ref the scaffolding and how the council had just feed him rubbish and had no assistance...

I think the council will have to answer some questions now

hope Singh makes a speedy recovery him and his family are so nice I was happy for them when they got there new premices as where they was before the landlord was a scrooge