Dog fouling on ulverscroft

sandnot

Ulverscoft is bad, but probably no worse than other Roads .

I've confronted dog owners who have allowed their dog to foul the pavement directly outside my gate

only to have a barrage of abuse thrown at me.

There was a spate where dog owners picking up their dog's Poo and putting it in Green bins instead of

the Doggie Poo Bins provided. Not nice.

DulwichFox

The problem with dog poo has got a lot worse on Overhil Road as well in the last few momths. It seems to be mainly on the pavement that runs past Dawson's Heights estate to the passage that goes through to the woodland behind the estate. So I guess it's someone from the Heights taking their dog down to Dawson's Hill for a walk. They also let their dog poop right in the middle of the passage to the woodland. I trod in it big time recently while walking home.

Dulwich Fox,

There is a paucity of dog poo bins. If the only available bin for some distance is a green bin ( not recycling, obviously) then better to use it. I would expect to carry a used poo bag for a short distance, but sometimes there are no public bins, let alone dig bins, for ages.

I was not suggesting that lack of bins is an excuse and yes there are some bins but perhaps not enough. On the other hand I doubt a bin on every corner would deter the serial offender, it's a similar attitude to those that knowingly ignore speed limits or drop litter- they do it because they can and sod everyone else.

FJDGoose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There's a dog bin at the north cross road end of

> ulverscroft rd

There is one 50 yards from my place at the Whateley Rd end of Ulverscroft.

Dog Poo should NOT be put in Green Bins. They are not emptied for 2 weeks.

DulwichFox

DulwichFox.

bornagain Wrote:

> "Dog Poo should NOT be put in Green Bins. They are

> not emptied for 2 weeks."

>

> I put all the poos that my dog does at home in my

> green bin. What other options are there?

Flush them down your toilet.

Do other people put their dog's poo in their Green Bin. ??

DF

You mean like bagging all your own litter wherever you are and taking it home to put it in your own bin? I just don't think that's very realistic. What do people do with used cat litter I wonder, does that get flushed down the loo? What about fox or bird shit you find in your garden or out on the street....what happens to that?

AbDabs Wrote:

> I don't have a dog but any fox poo in the garden

> goes in the garden/food waste bin. It's

> biodegradable matter so it should be fine.

That's even worse ..

POOP TO AVOID COMPOSTING:

Because domestic house pets (like dogs and cats) are carnivorous by nature, their poop should NOT be added to a compost pile.

Human poop also (even if someone is a vegetarian!) should never be added to a compost bin or pile.

Both dogs and cats have organisms in their stomachs and can also have diseases in their poop that are harmful to the composting process and plant life, and ultimately humans.

These diseases can get into the plants you eat, and should not be digested.

Human poop can carry pathogens, diseases and organisms that can be extremely harmful.

http://www.compostinstructions.com/poop-or-no-poop/

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Flush them down your toilet.

>

> Do other people put their dog's poo in their

> Green Bin. ??

>

> DF

Fine if the poo is firm and beautifully formed but what if otherwise? Also what do you do with the pooey bag that's left? Do people hunt the poo in the garden with a scoop or loo paper!

aquarius moon Wrote:

> I don't put dog poo in my green bin. I either use

> the dog bin opposite my house or if it's full

> (which it often is), the black public litter bins.

>

>

> If I had cats & litter trays I'd probably do the

> same thing. Tip the whole lot into a bag and use

> the closest public bin.

;-)

first mate Wrote:

> Agreed poo should never be added to compost, but

> still unsure on point about bins.

I would never put animal poo into home composting but the brown bin composting uses a different process which, I understood, destroyed the dangerous pathogens.

AbDabs Wrote:

> Just found this. Southwark website says animal

> waste and litter should go in the household waste

> bin - so there you go, in the green bins.

>

> http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/10070/recycling/1

> 365/a_to_z_of_waste_and_recycling/2

If that is the case, then let dog owners Bag It and Bin It,

and put it in their own Green Bin and not mine.

I do not want my bin smelling of Dog Poo and attracting Flies.

My front garden is tiny and the bins are right outside my window.

DulwichFox