Rev Canon Charles Richardson

Melph91

Hi all, I went to St John's and St cleclements school and have fond memories of Father Charles. When I called the church to set a date for my wedding in November last year I was told he had "taken a step back from ministry" and when I called today to confirm was told he had passed away.

Does anyone know what happened? It is a great shame, he was a lovely man.

The previous thread on here about him was taken down by Admin. It would be good if this one mentioning the memorial service could be left up, so at least people who wanted to attend would know when it was. Or, if not, then a separate one regarding just the memorial service could be started.

It's very interesting how the Church of England is trying to muzzle any discussion of Charles' disappearance from St John's and sudden death, including deletions of items in this thread. You don't need a lot of imagination to read into that.

• 2 weeks later...
What happened to Canon Richardson? He was "removed from Eclesiastical duties" for reasons unknown and then tragically took his own life yet no-one talks about it? A good friend of mine lives v near and all questions regarding property isues etc are being passed to the Diocese and there is no information forthcoming. Why?

I'm so sorry I wasn't able to attend as it was my daughters birthday party at the same time . I'm so glad it was a great turn out as he was a lovely lovely man to me and my best friend when in deepest need to her and her family.

I truely sad loss .

Quote from the Mail article:

?We are all flawed human beings and it is helpful, no matter what the circumstances of a person?s life or death, for those who knew them to be able to pray for them.?

That will be a huge comfort to any victims of his. Fekkin church. In a world of it's own.

I only had a brief contact with the Rev but he obviously was loved by his parishioners. He also seemed to add much to our ED community. Maybe people should reflect more on the motives, exploitation of distress and morality of The Daily Mail before they start getting hysterical. There is something very sick about that rag and its sad readers.