Post Office delivery problems again?

Has the sorting office on Silvester Road returned to its old ways of not delivering packages? Countless items that I am waiting for have not arrived and should be here by now.

Which budding journo wrote this up last time? They are definitely up to no good and need some encouragement to get their deliveries running again.

Charlie

I'm awaiting a delivery, a package from Italy. Was really hoping to get it on my return from holiday but it's not yet arrived. I know that other people who ordered the same thing have got it as it was an ebay bid which finished on the same day. I made swift payment and the seller has confirmed dispatch so I might have to stroll down there tomorrow and ask a few probing questions.

xone262 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thats what you get for buying on the internet and

> saving 50p. Support your london dealers people.

You've assumed that people only buy things from non-London dealers to save money. If I could buy the things I wanted to buy in London, I would. But I can't.

(The two men on the Silvester Road inquiry desk are great and very helpful, in my experience.)

No, the issue is that Silvester Road sorting office is the root of all evil. Parcel snatchers!

If anyone has a Ford Sierra Cosworth brake master cylinder wrongly delivered to them please let me know. There's now two missing in the system.

Charlie

I feel there is some scam going on somewhere. My cheque book was stolen in transit and someone attempted to use it at a Clapham branch. Also when they deliver a package they never knock but leave a card. When I phoned the police about my cheque book they said it was always happening in South London. Also the bank don't do enough to stop this. They called me and told me someone was trying to use my cheque book to transfer money into another account and they became suspicious. If thats the case why didnt they call the police or get them on CCTV?

Pretty sure the banks are investigating all this on the quiet (with the police) but don't feel its much to do with the customer as long as nothing is ever deducted from the account or its re-embursed quickly.

Seems that its been going on for a while now without any conclusion.

hoolley Wrote:

> I feel there is some scam going on somewhere. My

> cheque book was stolen in transit and someone

> attempted to use it at a Clapham branch. Also when

> they deliver a package they never knock but leave

> a card. When I phoned the police about my cheque

> book they said it was always happening in South

> London. Also the bank don't do enough to stop

> this. They called me and told me someone was

> trying to use my cheque book to transfer money

> into another account and they became suspicious.

> If thats the case why didnt they call the police

> or get them on CCTV?

hoolley Wrote:

> I feel there is some scam going on somewhere. My

> cheque book was stolen in transit and someone

> attempted to use it at a Clapham branch. Also when

> they deliver a package they never knock but leave

> a card. When I phoned the police about my cheque

> book they said it was always happening in South

> London. Also the bank don't do enough to stop

> this. They called me and told me someone was

> trying to use my cheque book to transfer money

> into another account and they became suspicious.

> If thats the case why didnt they call the police

> or get them on CCTV?

It's funny you should say that, I've had the same experience of cards dropped without a knock and guess what happened last week. I was expecting a parcel and got a card through the door with the wrong address on it (a house in Peckham with house number and street in no way similar to mine) so it got me wondering if the postman fills in the slip when you don't answer the door how could the address possibly be wrong? unless of course they fill in the slip before they go out knowing they are not going to deliver the parcel???

Had a slip through 2 weeks ago and managed to land under our sofa so only found it at the weekend during a major clean up. The PO say they retain packages for 3 weeks and MrS B went there yesterday to pick it up.

The guy at the desk said it's already been sent to another post office / depot. When asked where this was or how they could be contacted he said "dunno". When asked for a contact number, he provided it but then added "it's no use they won't know either"... is this a cover up? Mrs B was not expecting a delivery so the worry is that this is a new credit / debit card and could well be in the wrong hands by now.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have the Silvester Road Delivery Office number? It seems to have been omitted from my BT phone book, and the only version found on the web was incorrect. Had two needless misdeliveries in the last few days, both addressed to totally different roads. A quick word with the supervisor might be a useful thing to do.

Thanks Ladygooner, but I don't want to go the Customer Services route and fit into their 'complaint' template and get an apology, and be assured etc ..., and possibly not much else done. Probably a waste of everybody's time. I just want to help rectify a specific failing in the simplest possible way. If the office supervisor isn't contactable, I think I'm actually going to have to speak to my postie myself next time I see him. Revolutionary. I'll show him the snap I took of the latest offending envelope. :)

A friend of mine worked on one of those undercover programmes on the subject of the Royal Mail. I seem to remember that there was an unofficial policy at the time that if the RM were using temp staff to do deliveries (which they do when they need extra cover during holiday periods) they weren't allowed to carry or deliver parcels and they were told to just fill out the red slips and post them instead. I believe it was in order to cut down on dodgy temp staff nicking stuff.

ianr Wrote:

> Thanks Ladygooner, but I don't want to go the

> Customer Services route and fit into their

> 'complaint' template and get an apology, and be

> assured etc ..., and possibly not much else done.

> Probably a waste of everybody's time. I just want

> to help rectify a specific failing in the simplest

> possible way. If the office supervisor isn't

> contactable, I think I'm actually going to have to

> speak to my postie myself next time I see him.

Or you could wander down to the office on Silvester Road and have a chat with the supervisor/manager in person.

I have to agree with Asset. The delivery woman on our round is great and always delivers with a smile.

The person who delivers the standard post has some explaining to do, though. They regularly put the mail for half the street through our post box because they can't be bothered to deliver it. Sometimes it still has the sorting office elastic band around the batch and I have to re-post it! It has not gone unreported and I suggest everyone feedback to RM at...

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump3?catId=15400365&mediaId=15400367

Had a similar problem about two weeks ago. Was expecting a parcel that never arrived. Funny enough, no card either. Lost in the post. It was very annoying, especially because I knew for a fact that it had been sent (and when). After numerous calls to RM proved totally ineffective, I decided as a last resort to try booking a "redelivery" on their website (the "re" here being of course comical because there was no delivery to begin with). Pleased to say it worked though. Got my parcel the next Saturday morning. The guy who delivered it could not however provide an explanation for why it had been "lost" in the first place. char1ie, maybe try this if all else fails?