Gyms in ED

NA

Hi all,

Looking for opinions on JAGS and Fusion. Would likely be primarily for the gym, but would also use the pool and attend some classes. I will probably take up a free day trial with both to help me decide (I think they both offer this) but any opinions/advice would be greatly received.

Apologies if there are already lots of gym threads!

Cheers.

I use Fusion all the time. They have a good range of classes offered at a competitive price. The main bugbear is that there are always ongoing issues with, for example, the temperature in the studios (freezing on Sat and this morning/conversely too hot) and the showers. Also there have been problems with the use of the swimming lanes, lockers broken into and teachers not turning up to classes. These are all management problems but never seem to be adequately addressed to customer satisfaction.

I'm a member of JAGS and I think it's a good family gym for the money if you are happy with good cardio machines (recently upgraded), and basic machine weights and free weights. If you are big into free weights it's no good for that but I don't think anywhere in Dulwich is. The pool is nice and clean and, whenever I've been, not too busy with room for all standards. I haven't been to any classes.

JAGS is also open in the mornings for a couple of hours. One of the things I like about JAGS is it opens early and closes late.

JAGS Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi,

>

> Why dont you try our free trial for the day? we

> are currently running our january promotion which

> is no joining fee saving you ?70 plus the first

> month free.

>

> Any other questions, please ask.

>

> Kind Regards,

I tried ringing you a few times the other night to arrange a trial but there was no answer. When would be the best time to ring?

Hi bloonoo,

Our club is inclusive of all our facilities which is what makes us exclusive.

It gives you the option to try something different as we have a wide range of facilities.

Why dont you try a free trial and see what you think?

Kind Regards,

Thanks for the reply JAGS, unfortunately I can't really afford the monthly fee and usually swim only memberships are cheaper than inclusive memberships. Your facilities do look great though, I have climbed and swam there before as one offs.

But thanks :)