Football teams in local area

Sianycarr

The Dulwich Hamlet Supporters Team only play once or month or so, and are not like an 'ordianry' casual football team, as we are SPECIFICALLY for supporters of Dulwich Hamlet, who mainly play occasional matches agaisnt other supporters sides, as well as entering supporters tournaments, and going on tour outside England once a year.

There is a seven-a-side league on the old all-weather pitch, behind the ground, on some evenings, and I know there are others in the area too.

Try the London Football Association, they have a 'find-aclub' sort of thingy on their website.

I don't know contact details, I am sure you can get them off of Google. or the London FA, but for regular 'fun' football then I would suggest the AFA type local clubs, such as Alleyn Old Boys, South Bank CUACO & the like, who have local grounds, and several teams, are Saturday football.

For Sunday football I'd suggest trying, depending on your standard, the lower divisions of the Southern Sunday League, where there will be local sides, based in local venues like Dulwich Park, Peckham Rye, Clapham Common & so on.

Not very helpful, but I hope it helps a little.

• 2 weeks later...

Sianycarr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Wondered whether anyone knows of a 'casual'

> football team that meet as my other half wants to

> get out and have a kick about.

>

> Thanks

have you tried Millwall Football Club, The Den, Zampa Road, London, SE16 3LN.

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I am looking for a reasonably serious team to help me grow and develop as a player. Preferable somewhere local but I am willing to travel!

Msg me ASAP on details, costs if there is any and how I can go about joining up! I am eager to get stuck in!

Luke

I played for a local team called Midway for almost 10 years. Sadly age and injury got the better of me. They have an A and B team and they're a really well run club. There is a nice social aspect and they're a really good bunch of lads. They play on Burbage Road in the Bromley and Beckenham League. If anyone is interested message me for contact details.

• 1 month later...