Skips on the road

Does anyone know what the rules are for putting a skip on a road in ED that otherwise has no parking restrictions? I presume there is the requirement for a permit (that probably never gets done), but if done by the book, does any permit state where in the street it can or must be located.

A loaded question given what has silently appeared outside our door today.

And just in case you have same problems we've had with skips - companies are not allowed to deliver or collect them before 8am. We had one firm dropping skips off and collecting at 645, really antisocial and noisy. The team at Southwark were great at listening to complaints and stopping the firms concerned. But do please complain if you have same problems!

In case you never thought of it something I sometimes use is called Hippobag. You fill the bag to the maximum amount, call them up and they generally collect it the same day. If you have not got too much waste they are a good alternative to skips but they can get quite costly so use with caution.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• That's a good idea smiley blue , if you or anyone else comes across petitions to end these despicable acts of cruelty to defenceless animals please put on here or start a new thread if you please so we can sign the petition and add our objections to this , I would also like to thank all of you the people for reading these messages and adding your voices to this cruelty,  maybe we can end it 
    • Malumbu, by that measure are police efforts to cut down on anti-social driving by issuing tickets and fines a token effort as well? Surely punitive measures for cyclists breaking the rules will encourage them not to break the rules again? A bit like when you got stopped and taken into the cab of an HGV. The police are currently using that tactic to show those who break the rules cycling that it might lead them to being hit by a lorry due to the driver's having limited vision - the cycling equivalent of a speed awareness course for drivers.    When they stopped you was it because you had broken a rule or was it just more of an education programme and they asked you to take a look and did it change your cycling behaviour in any way? As I said previously there are those who break the rules on cycling out of ignorance (and those out of arrogance) and I am sure they are using HGVs to educate those in the ignorance category and then hitting those in the arrogance category with the PCNs.    
    • Good that PETA is on it but can we add our voices to the fight against this horrible practice? I’m still shocked! A petition maybe? Happy to raise to the RSPCA but don’t want to duplicate efforts. I’ve signed campaigns from RSPCA before which sends it directly to your councillor
    • Yes, I'm aware of that. I believe the brood was five to begin with. However they are almost adult size now so not the prey of rats any longer. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In