All car owners in SE22 (wheels stolen)

t3_dul

Over the past few months there has been a lot of cars that have had there wheels stolen. Yesterday the man strikes again, and has stolen another brand new mercedes's wheels in East Dulwich.

This has been the 5th car i have seen with no wheels and i could imagine the bill for this would hurt someones pocket.

please if you see any form of wheel theft of this nature i would urge you to either make yourself known or call the police immediately.

someone had made themselves known by opening and closing the window loudly, and potentially stopped the thief from steeling the other two wheels Luckily. knowing that they were being watched.

Please think if this was your car, think about the inconvenience, stress and cost of this theft.

• 5 months later...

We had 2 wheels stolen off our Mercedes last night in Clive Road, West Dulwich.

10 days ago another Mercedes on the road had a wheel stolen as well. Makes me wonder if it's the same person targeting new Mercedes in the area.

Have reported to the police but as expected there isn't much they can do.

• 2 months later...

Two wheels were stolen from one side of my Mercedes early this morning on Crystal Palace Road. The Mercedes dealership who took the car away told me that they had another car brought to them only yesterday, also from SE22, also fairly new, and also missing two wheels (identical wheels to mine). He told me that Mercedes locking wheel nuts (?78 per set?) are easily removed with a tool which can be bought cheaply at your local car parts store; google: ?emergency locking wheel nut removal tool?.

I'm thinking that they have only taken two because I parked too closely to the kerb to get a jack under the nearside of the car, as they left a spare brick that I presume they intended on using to prop the car up to get the other two. Unfortunately the value of the two bricks that they left wont quite cover the cost of the wheels, tyres & labour, but if anyone is interested in two slightly used bricks, I've got a fantastic, tried-and-tested pair going for only ?750 each...

We had 2 wheels stolen from our Mercedes in August... 10 days after another Mercedes on the road was targetted - they stole 1 wheel from that car. We're based in Clive Road, West Dulwich.

It is obviously the same gang doing the stealing are specifically targetting Mercedes car owners - this is the 7th or 8th incident I've read about. Did you report it to the police?

We've added an additional set of locking nuts to our wheels and always turn the front wheels into the kerb.

I like to think I got off lightly compared to the owner of this poor car -

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2014/09/ouch-four-day-old-mercedes-by-josephine-ave-brixton-gets-its-wheels-nicked/

The dashcams which seem to be increasingly popular (and only about ?15 off eBay) might be worth an investment if people are worried about this. Most feature a park mode with motion detection which will record anyone walking in front of the vehicle in 1024HD.

Pretty successful in some circumstances: http://news.sky.com/story/1537196/search-for-man-who-keyed-aston-martin-on-cctv