dead cat side of road near dulwich park on court lane

kristen

There is a fluffy pale ginger cat who has been run over on Court lane I don't want to leave it as foxes were sniffing over body when I found it but am in bike so can't carry home. it looks middle aged and has big fluffy tail. It's near corner Eastland crescent under tree on left hand side of road if facing up towards lordship lane end. Have taken pic but won't upload so PM me if you think maybe yours so sorry to have to post this.

We've had a cat just disappear and it's very painful waiting and hoping they'll come home and not knowing & I lost my little cat (long illness, not car accident) last year so I think this added to the feeling I couldn't leave him there.

But it wasn't a very thought through action - I have to be in work at 9am this morning & the earliest time I can find a vets open is 8.30am (Lordship Lane) If anyone knows one that opens earlier on a Saturday let me know. Otherwise it might have to be Sunday morning as I can't turn up late as it's a freelance shift.

Dear Kristen

Thank you so much for your kindness on this one. That sounds like our cat, Chuck Norris who has been missing for a couple of days. Its sad but at least we now know he died quickly rather than got stuck somewhere. Thanks again for your kindness and sorry for the bother it put you through.

Edward, Helen, Izzy and Ollie.

What a lovely looking cat, I'm so sorry you've had a sad end to your search, MajorTed. We've lost two cats to the road so know what you're going through. Thanks Kristen for taking the time to look after him and provide a bit of comfort.

It was a sad moment to see him again but I was lucky to meet Kristen at the Vets (a bit of a coincidence) and as I said before it was good to know what happened rather than keep waiting for him to come home and not know if he was stuck somewhere in this freezing weather. Once again thank you Kristen for your kindness.