What East Dulwich needs?

Hi, this thread could also be entitled business ideas for ED.

First off, I'd like there to be a bar/members club to go after the pubs shut which also doubles as a good party venue. And then, a nice new stationery/art supplies shop which caters for creative professionals and children (the same thing?)

AnotherPaul, could not agree more!

As a local Graphic Designer I would certainly use the art supplies shop instead of going up to town.

As for a club, I used to go over to RedStar in Camberwell but this has been a no-go place the last 12 months. Something like Liquorice with decks but a bit bigger for a dance.

Well was thinking of having a party of some sort at our flat sometime in the near future - need to convince Mr georgia that it would be a good idea first...not that he has to do anything apart from drink. Whoops - may be going off topic.

georgia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A late-night bar yes. Playing 80s music. And a

> KAROKE pub!! Go on let's see how many replies I

> get saying 'karaoke - no way'...

Actually Georgia, it's the 80s music part of your post that disturbs me most. Yuk!

Singstar on PS2 rocks! Literally, for anyone who hasn't 'played' it is a Karaoke 'game' with mics and the real videos to sing along to - makes every party go with a swing - now I sound like some advert for Telstar! So sorry realised I have gone wildly off topic!!

• Administrator
This is an example of a thread that is coming close to being Lounged. The original post was "What East Dulwich needs?", the original poster has not commented and taken their own thread off topic so please, perhaps a little respect to their post and original question. I don't like doing this but I get complaints that threads get taken off topic really quickly.

• Administrator
This is an example of a thread that is coming close to being Lounged which is unfair the original poster. The original post was "What East Dulwich needs?", the original poster has not commented and taken their own thread off topic so please, perhaps a little respect to their post and original question. I don't like doing this but I get complaints that threads get taken off topic really quickly.

What ED needs is a music-based venue with some decks and sufficient dancing space (but preferably not a revolving dance floor). All or part of said place would be available to hire for private parties, enabling locals to hire for their fantastic birthday parties, thus saving their neighbours the anguish of booming parties.

With so many people in ED in terraced houses and flats, this would be a tremendous amenity. Church halls and the like don't really fit the bill.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> How about a brothel and an opium den? I'm kidding

> of course, no really I am.

Brothels - there a few.

Opium Dens ? not that I know of, but they did bust and close down a crack house a couple of months back nr Goose Green. Crack house doesnt conjur up the same romantic images as an opium den does it ?

whats wrong with the yilmaz for a late night top-up,same with the vale which has always been handy for a late one even in its previous incarnations eg hamlet,manor,cherry tree etc.can be a bit rough and ready but hey at 2 in the morning when the drinks are flowing wheres not.

Hmmmm...

Well apart from a decent bakery and a better bookshop, what East Dulwich really needs is more places to cross Lordship Lane safely without winding up underneath the wheels of an SUV with a "Baby-on-board" sticker in the back window.

What else? Oh, yes, a black hole that sucks estate agent offices into a parallel dimension...

snorky Wrote:

>

> Opium Dens ? not that I know of, but they did bust

> and close down a crack house a couple of months

> back nr Goose Green. Crack house doesnt conjur up

> the same romantic images as an opium den does it ?

No it doesn't Snorky. Besides I wouldn't take any drug that was named after a piece of my arse.