How to commute to Baker Street

Does anyone regularly go up to Baker street for work? I have been up there for a job interview and it took me an hour and a half door to door - which i thought was a bit ridiculous. I may have picked the wrong way to do it - i took the 12 from Barry Rd to Elephant and Castle then took the Bakerloo line.

Has anyone got any suggestions on this one.

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ginger line fro Peckham Rye or Denmark Hill to

> Canada Water then Jubilee Line to Baker St.

>

> Or from Honor Oak Park or Forest Hill if that end

> of the borough.

Poor souls.

I'd echo what others have said, and all of the suggestions above are great, but... will they work at peak hours if you're trying to turn up for a regular 9am start? Boarding trains at Denmark Hill, Peckham Rye (or anywhere, for that matter), in the 7:30-9:00am slots can be impossible.

So use the above for the interview... but experiment a bit with what actually works if you take the job and want to be there by 9am.

I regularly use the Vic line / over ground to peckham when returning from Heathrow (via heathrow express and bakerloo to baker street). it's by far the easiest way, in fact I haven't used east Dulwich station for over a year and prefer peckham to get into the city.

Been doing the journey for the last 4 years ? it was always ED to LBG and then Jubilee Line, but the issues with the service to London Bridge plus the extra Underground passengers who can?t now travel from LBG to Charing Cross, just makes it too unreliable / busy. Even if the train to LBG is on time, it is not uncommon to have to let 3 or 4 Jub Line trains go now before you get on the tube.

Have tried various alternatives since but my current preference, bus to Denmark Hill to catch the 8.13 to Blackfriairs, get off at Elephant and Castle and then Bakerloo up. If it is running on time, it gets to you E&C by about 8.20am and Baker St by 8.45am. The train from Den Hill is relatively empty as well as it doesn?t carry on through to Farringdon etc like the others which get very busy. There are others before and after from Platform 3 that stop at E&C as well ? most come from Peckham Rye first I think.

Alternative depending on when you are ? bus to elephant and castle. Takes about 35 mins from LL. Where I get on, if you get on the 40 you can get a seat and the stop is right by the Bakerloo entrance.

In 2017 the route reverts back to LBG and then Jubilee!