Koz - what happened?

Why is it that I never seen a "for rent" board outside Koz? I've never seen Koz's commercial premises advertised and have only ever seen "under new management signs" on the windows - have the owners always been related/friends?

very upset by this. We have been going to there since it was the mexican! and it has always had the same guy running/owning it ( We have lived here for 18 years) one thing guarantee to put me off is a chain! I won't be going! Lordship Lane is loosing it's charm and character.

This really angers me. We have lost a Mexican and now Turkish restaurant. We've only very recently got a sushi place, we still don't have any Greek or decent Chinese places. Someone needs to sort it out. Ridiculous.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This really angers me. We have lost a Mexican and

> now Turkish restaurant. We've only very recently

> got a sushi place, we still don't have any Greek

> or decent Chinese places. Someone needs to sort it

> out. Ridiculous.

>

>

That statement is ridiculous, there's not a set quota for ethnically diverse food suppliers! As ever, demand will dictate the new ventures success / failure.

Ron70

twister Wrote:

> very upset by this. We have been going to there

> since it was the mexican! and it has always had

> the same guy running/owning it ( We have lived

> here for 18 years) one thing guarantee to put me

> off is a chain! I won't be going! Lordship Lane is

> loosing it's charm and character.

It's not exactly a national chain - just a few restuarants in London.

Louisa Wrote:

> This really angers me. We have lost a Mexican and

> now Turkish restaurant. We've only very recently

> got a sushi place, we still don't have any Greek

> or decent Chinese places. Someone needs to sort it

> out. Ridiculous.

>

> Louisa.

We have a good Turkish restaurant on the Lane - Hisar.

Excuse me for being Old Fashioned..

People suggesting that a new restaurant in that area would flourish because of the 'Planned Cinema'.

Somewhere on EDF I do seem to remember that people going to the 'Planned cinema' would 'Deffo' be

going to the new pub, The Lordship for a drink before show.

Well, as the 'Planned Cinema' is going to have a 'Planned Restaurant / Bar' they might have different

ideas. Perhaps Early Bird pre show deals.

Businesses should be able to stand alone and not rely on other businesses.

DulwichFox

Dopamine1979 Wrote:

> Hong Hong is pretty good Louisa. Reasonably priced

> too. Or is it a posh Chinese restaurant you're

> after?

I love Hong Hong, always fresh and good prices, but it's a take out, not an eat in restaurant. I have to go as far as Sheen for a decent sit down Chinese meal these days, it's bang out of line.

Louisa.

Spot on Foxy. It's all about the offering. And rah, that Mexican place may have closed for a variety of reasons the main one being it wasn't that good? But nowadays in London we have a healthy Mecican restaurant scene and there is NO reason for us not to have one here on our doorstep. As for French cuisine or should I say "French" in ED, well, I won't even go there.

Louisa.

Oh Foxy if only I had the capital. I think we could show these people a thing or two. Considering how well advertised this area is, it's absolutely absurd that we do not have a decent fairly priced good service selection of restaurants to suit all tastes!

Louisa.

Don't get me wrong Louisa, I would love a decent Mexican in ED.. just pointing out that Dos Amigos was rubbish.

Have to say though, there is more variety on the Lane now than there has been for as long as I can remember.

P.S. I know it's old school, but I quite like Mr Lui

Enough of all these foreign restaurants. What about some luvverly old style boozers and greasy spoon caffs to bring back some old working class solidarity to LL?

When I was a lad in the 1950s you could enjoy a slap up fish and chip supper and ten pints of brown ale for tuppence ha'penny followed by a good punch up in North Cross Road and a painful bit of dentistry without anaesthetics performed by that lovable geezer Mad Frankie Fraser. He was cruel but fair.

Those were the days. No curry or taramasalata anywhere, but we were happy.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Excuse me for being Old Fashioned..

>

> People suggesting that a new restaurant in that

> area would flourish because of the 'Planned

> Cinema'.

>

> Somewhere on EDF I do seem to remember that

> people going to the 'Planned cinema' would 'Deffo'

> be

> going to the new pub, The Lordship for a drink

> before show.

>

> Well, as the 'Planned Cinema' is going to have a

> 'Planned Restaurant / Bar' they might have

> different

> ideas. Perhaps Early Bird pre show deals.

Local businesses are reacting to the Cinema foxy. I know the Palmerston is planning an early evening pre-cinema fixed price meal. like a pre theatre.