Parking in the Park!

Although it's a decent cash cow for the council, it seems a shame that they would target people out enjoying the Easter Bank Holiday. People have been working their backsides off only to be landed a ticket on a happy family day out at the park/picture gallery.

Louisa.

Come off it. Parking is a blatant cash cow, and 9/10 it's not even inconsiderate parking, it's the person who's overstayed by 5 minutes and been landed a ticket. I would also argue that, a go to see destination such as Dulwich Village with its gallery, parks and restaurants would earn far more from visitors spending time and money there than people being scared off because of the thought of getting a ticket.

Louisa.

Oh jules if only you knew the half of it. The wishy washy brigade on here are always making bizarre comments you'd usually expect to be confined to a Green Party general election manifesto from the mid-80s.

Louisa.

So to clarify alice, a 'blow-in' (for the umteenth time) contributes to rising house prices and the knock on effect of forcing people out of the area who were born here. 'Drive-ins', tend to be the types who contribute to the local small economy by spending money in businesses often owned by locals and employing locals. Slightly off comparison that doesn't really need explaining, kind of obvious.

Louisa.

In this case though, it is inconsiderate parking. There are cones out to stop people parking along the middle of that stretch of road. If you are then daft enough to park there - making it harder for those who legitimately parked at the sides to manoeuvre - then you can't really complain about being ticketed. It's a pity they don't re-open the Grove's car park for the summer months to act as a useful overflow car park for Dulwich Park and the Horniman. Would take the pressure off local residential roads - it's amazing how many motorists 'forget' not to park across driveways on sunny weekends.

Louisa, what if the 'Drive-ins' have driven in from Clapham or the Home Counties. And are happy to spend ?6 on a loaf of organic, artisan bread while here for the day, thus supporting businesses which attract 'blow-ins'?

So can they only 'drive-in' from places you cant 'blow-in' from?

taper Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They have dogs, go round clockwise and don't do picnics.

When I was training for the London Marathon last year I always ran round anti-clockwise...

To have gone clockwise would have just felt wrong.

(I am local)