Tiscali Broardband Not functioning on Lordship Lane

CANCEL TISCALI!

We experienced the very same thing, and it went on for weeks and weeks. They kept saying they were logging a complaint and someone would be with us in 24hrs. Then... nothing. I would call and say the broadband didn't work, and they would tell me that it appeared to be fine in my area. Um... no - it's not working. NOT FINE.

I have a friend in North London who is having the exact same problem, and even called a consumer watchdog group about it.

Been with Tiscali for 3 years and the connection hasn't dropped once in that time (I'm on Heber Road). Can't complain about them really. Perhaps someone doing the gasworks has cut the wrong cable!

Have just cancelled Tiscali for Sky though as the rolled up packages seem better value.

Anyone any experience of Sky Broadband?

I have Sky, was with Orange for 7 years then moved to Sky. ?10 a month with the package and so far works well. Has not dropped off once can use laptop upstairs and desktop down and it's all fine. Takes 1 min to download a song and roughly 2hrs for 750mb film which I am very happy with. They send modem and disc through post and very easy to set-up took about 10 days to get switched over. V pleased me

I moved from Tiscali to Sky and it's much better (although I'm sure there are better ISP's out there). However, Tiscali continued to charge me. After cancelling the DD, they ended up puting a credit collection company onto me. Boy, did it take a long time to sort out.

Avoid Tiscali like the Plague. Their service is terrible in every respect (they also block various ports and generally make life hell). At least, that is my experience.

I've been with Bethere for the last two years at three different addresses. They've been absolutely top notch, really fast unlimited download speeds, even the customer service is good. They have recently been taken over by O2 who use the same network infrastructure so here's hoping the service doesn't degrade with all the new O2 users sharing the same network.

I've heard lots of bad things about Tiscali, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

• 2 weeks later...
Most rubbish Internet provider ever. I moved from Tiscali to Pipex only for Tiscali to buy out Pipex a year later. Now looking to move as they never told me they were moving me over at the exchange and my connection was down for the day. For me that's important as I work from home. Move...