White cat St Aidens road

Every morning when I am walking to the bus stop around 6:30am there is a white cat in St Aidens Road. It is always screaming for attention and looks neglected to me. Even on mornings when its been bitterly cold in the winter it appears to be locked out of its home. I always say hello to the cat as I feel sorry for it. Tonight it followed me home and tried to get into my house, but i didn't let it in. It then sat outside my window crying to be lt in for over half an hour.

I really do believe this cat is being neglected by its owner. Previously its fur had got so long that it was all extremely matted, but it looks like at least someone has trimmed it now so its not suffering pain from that anymore.

Has anyone else noticed this poor looking cat? I don't know what to do about it.

He might just be a very chatty cat. If someone has de-matted his fur then I'd be surprised if he was a stray or neglected - it's not an easy job! If he lets you, give him a stroke and check he's not feeling too thin. Unless the cat looks unwell (bad eyes / problems with mouth or paws etc) or looking starved there is probably nothing to worry about. But there is nothing wrong with giving him a bit of attention and a stroke. Don't feed him though, because his owners won't be able to keep track of how much he's eating and he could get fat. And as poster above suggested, if you are still concerned I would give the Celia Hammond Trust or Cats Protection League a call for some advice. Good luck!

I live on St Aidan's. This cat is the chattiest cat I have ever met and he's very sweet. However, he must drive his owners mental which I why I suspect they lock him out from time to time! He seems well fed and has had his fur de-matted - not a sign of being abused! Basically he just craves any form of human interaction. When my wife strokes him in the morning he follows her down to the bus stop...

My cat looks like a disreputable stray as he only has one ear, and loves company and extra food. Wherever we live, he always ends up being fed by neighbours. But he's a well-loved member of our household nonetheless. As the owner also of a long-haired cat, they can get matted quite easily, especially if they are spending lots of time outside, so if someone has de-matted him, that's reassuring.

This cat is hillarious, chat chat chat. Been around for a few years and always acts the same. I did used to see it sitting at the window (inside) a property near the bottom end of the road. I love my regular chats and strokes with it and although not fat I don't think it's too thin. It's sporting a lovely summer "clip" and looks quite lion like with it's big fluffy head.

Omg ive just seen this and this is my cat - her name is Peachy an she is VERY well looked after she is just very friendly & adores attention!!!! She is fed very expensive food which i buy at the neighbourhood vets where she is a regular visitor because of her long fur - which costs me over ?100 each time to have trimmed! She has a cat flap on the door which only reconginises her so can freely wander about as cats love to do! As for cold weather her big fluffy fur coat she wears is more than sufficient to keep her warm! So please before you @spanglysteve accuse me of neglect try minding your own business!!!!!

I think it's a tad unfair to tell spanglysteve to mind his own business?

He was just concerned about your cat. It's great that he had no cause to be, but at least he tried to do something for an animal he thought might be neglected.

When we lived on Barry Road, we used to have our Himalayan cat clipped at Dog About Town (Bellenden Rd). If your cat is relatively ok with being groomed, they are happy to take cats. I think the cost was around ?45. Since moving a few years ago, we now take our cat to Odile at Mutterly Gorgeous in Ladywell (Adelaide Ave) for a similar price.

These breeds do tend to get matted fur quite easily. Also, my Himalayan has managed to escape from every collar we ever put on her, but she is at least microchipped.

I can see how it would be frustrating to read your own cat on here. Maggie1, your cat must be quite the little charmer to pull on everyone's heartstrings. DH and I eventually adopted the local scabby stray cat from the back gardens b/c nobody else wanted him!

xx

My cat when I was a kid was chatty too. Just before primary school kicked out she'd head out the front of the house and roll and frolic for attention from passers by. Some of them evidently 'felt sorry' for her as I heard comments about her always being outside etc. etc. Little did they know she'd been snoozing on the sofa, dribbling slightly, for most of the day before hoofing it outside just in time to be made a fuss of... Clever cat!

HP

Has anyone see the cat on North Cross Rd, near the Palmerston, opposite the Spanish place?

It can climb a tree like a monkey fetching a coconut.

If you're ever feeling low, just wander down and watch in amazement, it also is quite chatty, however not neglected.