Motorcycle theft Peckham Rye

If anyone in East Dulwich ward (bounded by Grove Vale-East Dulwich Rd-Crystal Palace Rd-Upland Road-FRiern Rd- Underhill Rd-Dunstans Rd-Lordship Lane-Melbourne Grove) wants a ground anchor to lock their motorbike or bicycle - email me and we'll get them installed for you.

It one of the many crime prevention initiatives Cllr Rosie Shimell and I have been working on.

Making people aware if any residents see any motorcycles/scooters getting loaded or unloaded into a van please call 999 immediately as this a police priority.MAKE SURE YOU TELL THE OPERATOR THE THEFT IS HAPPING NOW TO GET A IMMEDIATE RESPONSE. The thefts seem to be happening from around 22:00-06:00.

Please lock your bikes securley to a non removable object or place in agarge if practical.

• 2 weeks later...
A Honda motorbike was offloaded from a white van by a couple of blokes at about 11.30pm on 22nd April in the housing association car-park next to No 10 Hindmans Road. Removed the following day by police I think.

James Barber we could certainly use more motorcycle parking bays (with appropriate rails to lock bikes to) around Lordship lane. The one in North Cross Road gets blocked on Saturdays when the market is in full flow and there is no other one nearby. Could also use one closer to the East Dulwich Tavern end, maybe down that little one way road that feeds into the roundabout. Bikes parking in the road with other cars are in danger of being shunted so it's not an option. Could also use one by the Post office and Co-op on Forest Hill Road, too.