Papoose Man

Does anyone use the big old Silver Cross prams any more?

Much beloved of the 'Mary Poppins' style of nanny.

I was reminded of these when I caught Danny Maker the other day and he told of how spotting a mustard coloured one lifted him out of a pettish mood.

If one of them caught you a glancing blow you knew all about it.

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Does anyone use the big old Silver Cross prams any

> more?

> Much beloved of the 'Mary Poppins' style of

> nanny.

> I was reminded of these when I caught Danny Maker

> the other day and he told of how spotting a

> mustard coloured one lifted him out of a pettish

> mood.

> If one of them caught you a glancing blow you knew

> all about it.

If you'd been anywhere near Peckham Rye Park in the late '70s you would have seen my mother pushing me round in one of these!

Papooses may look a little sniggery, but not as stupid as carrying something the size of three bags of sugar in a pram that could sleep six, has suspension and a towbar for a caravan.

I suspect that half the 'real men' who aint gonna wear no papoose are also the sorts who 'don't do nappies, luv'.

why not, as the bambino gets heavier it should be natural that the bloke takes over, after all the woman carries the child for nine months.....that's long enough! I saw Mr C.Ed today with his baby carrier and he looked perfectly at ease. Like going to the gym and lifting some weights.