scam maybe?

Did anyone else get a male with a dodgy tooth knock on there door late this afternoon claiming they were raising money for kids (football) for in the park. He asked if I had kids and if I would make a donation. I said no not interested. As I presumed it was a scam and didn't like the way he criked his neck to look through the hallway to kitchen. Maybe Iam too suspicious

Also he showed me a clipboardfull of addresses from the area which were clearly photocopied

he's a scammer. believe this or not but i heard him on the phone one day on the LB train - the same day as he knocked on my door - telling someone how much he made that day!

the clipboard - the patter - all that - he's absolutely rubbish - i don't know how he got anything from anybody!

Guy came to my door today, saying he was a parent and trying to get a football team off the ground on a Sunday in Dulwich Park. The sheet said Southwark Rangers. He then asked for a contribution to get some kit. Lots of signatures so I gave ?4, although I thought it was slightly suspicious. But he talked a good game. Red hair and clipboard. I guess we will find out if it was a scam soon enough as he said he would send info. Anyone heard of Southwark Rangers?

It's a scam, anyone getting a local team off the ground would have parents of kids involved & would be asking them got donations for kit not knocking on doors. I dont think that Southwark Rangers guy is genuine.

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A quick Google shows nothing for Southwark

> Rangers. Southwark (Park) Rangers.

>

> Its a Scam.

>

> DulwichFox

Yes it almost certainly is a scam.

But just because it doesn't come up on Google doesn't make it a scam!

If somebody really was trying to get a football team off the ground, it might well not have any mention at all online yet.

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > A quick Google shows nothing for Southwark

> > Rangers. Southwark (Park) Rangers.

> >

> > Its a Scam.

> >

> > DulwichFox

>

>

> Yes it almost certainly is a scam.

>

> But just because it doesn't come up on Google

> doesn't make it a scam!

>

> If somebody really was trying to get a football

> team off the ground, it might well not have any

> mention at all online yet.

The guy was telling me this was a Southwark Council backed Project to promote football

for disadvantaged kids to get them off the streets and keeping them out of trouble by giving

them the opportunity to do something worthwhile.

I have not been able to confirm that such a project exists and even if did I do not believe he was part of it.

Perhaps cashing in on it.

He told me the LOTS of people in our road and surrounding roads have already made donations.

Well they may of done.. ?

Don't make it legit..

DulwichFox

There's a similar scam being pulled on businesses around Peckham & East Dulwich - a man claims to be raising money for MacMillan Cancer Support and organising some sort of under-the-stars sleep-out that firefighters are doing on the Rye (though no one has ever seen any evidence of these sleep-outs, let alone any firefighters)... He too has a list of signatures that he offers as 'proof' of how many other businesses are supporting, as well as Macmillan pamphlets. He's tried us a couple of times now but hasn't been back since we gave him short shrift.