Southwark Council - planning consultation survey

Just had an email from Southwark about a survey concerning planning consultations and how they are conducted. Worth a few minutes of your time to let them know your views. There have been a number of complaints on the forum about how Southwark go about publicising planning applications etc, so do take part - and there's just two weeks to respond.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1irv0eVt_jvWO7XbHjmjGd3Rse_bPA8JFf4fMgPgrhJ0/viewform

Thanks. On the survey they write this:

"Did you know that you can sign up for email alerts on planning applications on the website? *"

I've had a bit of a look around their website but can't find where to sign up - would anyone have a link?

bobbsy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks. On the survey they write this:

>

> "Did you know that you can sign up for email

> alerts on planning applications on the website?

I saw that too. On investigation, it's not quite what I expected:

Once you are registered then you can subscribe for updates on individual planning applications, if you find some on the register which are of particular interest.

That's fine as far as it goes, although I would really like to be able to subscribe to a regular digest of new and updated applications in my neighbourhood. (I have given that feedback in the consultation survey.)

this was the email on circulation I believe? Those of us experiencing issues on consultations should comment if you can.

From: Sangweme, Dennis [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Planning.Applications

Sent: 29 May 2015 10:11

To: Sangweme, Dennis

Subject: RE: Have your say on the future of planning consultations - 21st Century Public Notices Survey

Dear Resident/Customer,

The Southwark Planning Division is conducting a survey to better understand your needs and preferences on statutory consultations on planning applications.

Statutory notices are an important means for ensuring that the public is kept informed on decisions by their council which may affect your quality of life, local amenity or your property. We are particularly interested in your views on public consultation around planning applications (letters to residents, website planning register, site notices on lamp posts and press notices in Southwark News). The survey should take ten minutes to complete, and all responses are anonymous. Please feel free to pass on to others interested in participating.

Take part in the survey here

The current consultation process on planning applications originates from an age where the printed word was our key source of information. Today, how we consume information has drastically changed with advances in technology. Statutory notices need to change too.

The government, therefore, invited Councils, newspapers and others to pilot innovative ways of improving statutory notices. Southwark has been selected as one of the pilot areas. The pilots will explore how statutory notices can be changed in future so that they reach more people, are easier to read, give greater visibility and transparency to big issues and reduce costs in a sustainable way. Southwark Council and Southwark News/Weekender are jointly implementing the pilot in Southwark.

We want to hear from you on these matters; about your preferences on consuming information on planning notices, the problems you face in accessing planning information in general and how you would like to consume information on planning in future.

We would like to hear from all local residents, businesses, applicants and developers so that the findings provide a complete picture of the situation in Southwark, and we would be very grateful if you could take part.

Take part in the survey here

The research is jointly sponsored by the Department of Communities and Local Government (DCLG) and will be open for two weeks. We do hope that you will be able to take part.

Kind regards,

Simon Bevan | Director of Planning

Planning Division | Chief Executive's Department

The London Borough of Southwark | PO Box 64529 | London SE1P 2QH

Sign up at: www.southwark.gov.uk/planningregister to receive information on planning applications in your area

cid:[email protected]/mysouthwark

For council services at your fingertips, register online

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

Although this is not specific to East Dulwich we'll keep it in the ED Issues section as there are lots of discussions about planning.

I'm only saying this as there will be other threads started about Southwark which I'll move to the Lounge and the original poster will complain "but you allow other non-ED Southwark discussions" etc etc.