suspicious guy hanging around Shawbury Road?

Hello,

Just wondered if anyone else had seen a guy hanging around this bit of the area? My neighbour just called to say he'd come up our back stairs and was peering into all our windows before she interrupted him, when he stared at her and after a bit walked away again, but had another good look on his way out. Black bomber, shaved head, shorts. She thought there was talk of a few burglaries up and down the Lane, so I thought it was worth mentioning.

A guy with a similar description knocked on my door on Hindmans Road 20mins ago asking if I knew a Delia, because his sister was visiting her and he was looking to pick her up but couldn't find her. I couldn't help so said goodbye. I watched from the window and thought it strange he didn't knock on any other doors but walked off to the end of the road quite purposefully. Anyway have called the community police and let them know after reading these other posts.

madger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've left a message with the community policing

> team, thanks KK!

I think you should leave one with the fashion police too (bomber jacket & shorts!) not a good look

Degsy Wrote:

> A guy with a similar description knocked on my

> door on Hindmans Road 20mins ago asking if I knew

> a Delia, because his sister was visiting her and

> he was looking to pick her up but couldn't find

> her. I couldn't help so said goodbye. I watched

> from the window and thought it strange he didn't

> knock on any other doors but walked off to the end

> of the road quite purposefully. Anyway have called

> the community police and let them know after

> reading these other posts.

ffs, why are there always so many weirdos knocking on doors round here?!

My boyfriend and I bought a place on Dunstans Road just over a year ago and we've had one attempted break in and two actual break ins. I will definitely keep me eyes open for this guy! Neighbours are hugely helpful when it comes to deterring burglaries, esp since the police station closed.

Knocking on doors is a classic way to establish if someojne is in or not.

People are most likely to be burgled in the first 6 months of moving in UNLESS they accelerate getting to know neighbours - ask them round for a drink, get involved with a Big Lunch event if it's happening on your street.

And if you see something odd I would suggest the first port of call is the Police 101 no emergecny number. It operates 24/7 whereas the neighbourhood Police don't operate 24/7.

James Barber Wrote:

> Knocking on doors is a classic way to establish if

> someojne is in or not.

We get so many chuggers and sellers round our way, if the door bell rings and I'm not expecting anyone/anything I generally look out the upstairs window to see who's there.

Degsy Wrote:

> A guy with a similar description knocked on my

> door on Hindmans Road 20mins ago asking if I knew

> a Delia, because his sister was visiting her and

> he was looking to pick her up but couldn't find

> her.

That old chestnut - everyone has a mobile phone these days, so it's even less plausible than it used to be.