A sad day for East Dulwich - The Tivoli Amusements has closed down

Gilles

Ah. Oh. Hmm.

I've had ?4 of unexpectedly won gaming machine tokens, in a little bag, for the past 20+ years. I really was meaning to go into this place sometime, to see if they were still usable or cashable. But it wasn't an appealing place to go in, especially so when people smoked in it.

Oh well. Win some, lose some. Swings and roundabouts. Ashes to ashes. Speculate to accumulate, etc.

• 1 month later...

A sad day for East Dulwich - The Tivoli Amusements has closed down.........

Yes a great loss to the community. RIP

Perhaps it will become something useful like a gas lamp lighter's sundriesman,

or a corn chandler, so CHAV can get her chicken feed locally,

a shepherd's training tutorial college,

or the Fens and east anglia, mountain climbing school

a rat and squirrel milking parlour

a pigeon messaging service

a retirement home for useful politicians it would be too big but we can indulge him/her

a bar for genuinely honest reliable and valuable members of the judiciary a huge space for this but we could sub-let.

a bomb making school for disillusioned muslim youth

a university for happy social workers

an environment enabling food producers to concoct the true contents of their delicious fare

a manufacturers training establishment of technical authors for clear and concise instructions in self assembly furniture

a bingo hall for container travelling, illegal immigrants.....as they love to shout 'house'

the possibilities are endless for widening the cross section of ED business, Dragon's eat your heart out.