Fusion (unable to open at the right time)

Does anyone know what is going on at Fusion on Crystal Palace Road? They seem to be unable to open at the right time consistently (Peckham don't see to have the same problem) and when they do finally open late, some managers I've spoken to don't seem to be that bothered about the time keeping. This happened six weeks ago- I like many others train early and get there to start at 0630hrs when they're supposed to be open. We all have work to get to and many need to get a train or bus at a certain time; every minute counts if you want to complete your schedule/ programme in time. No one other than the duty manager seems to hold keys, so members of staff are standing around but they cant get in. When this bloke finally turned up at 0715hrs there as no explanation he just opened the doors.

This morning I like many others was there at 0630hrs - no show from the manager. A member of staff was good enough to apologise, twice, and said they'd open at 0730hrs. This morning I had the chance to go back and train at 0830hrs. When I'd finished I asked for the duty manager but he only came out at the third request to the staff on the front desk. I wasn't happy but I didn't shout and I didn't swear - there was no apology or explanation from him. I asked for his name and all I got was Bradley; he wouldn't offer up his surname or the name of his boss. Fusion seem happy enough to take our subscription each month but the service is currently sub standard

In the past this has happened to me twice, both on tightly timetabled days. I was so furious I tracked down a senior member at the Fusion HQ. On both occasions I was offered, at my request, a refund for lost useage and loss of my valuable time. Management by Fusion of the Dulwich centre has always been lamentable and I guess that unless they are penalised financially and/or they are threatened with the loss of contract renewal coming up in the near future they clearly feel that there is no incentive to run the service to customers satisfaction.

I was thinking about joining but with a 37 joining fee - for what - it takes seconds to take down an address and key in a direct debit - I am not sure I want to.

I thought this was supposed to be a council Gym. ?49.00 a month plus a ?37 joining fee is quite a lot of money for normal folk.

James,

While you are there, please ask them when they plan to fix the water pressure for the drinks fountains, the > 50% of bikes that either have broken seat columns or displays, and why on earth they have positioned the squat rack facing the wrong direction.

The reality is that the council own the infrastructure and the maintenance while Fusion manage the facility - between the two parties, you don't have a hope in hell. James will know this as he was there on the re-opening day celebrating along with the council.

The biggest issue for me is that the leg extension machine has been out of action since November. I spoke, over email, to the manager in April who assured me it's replacement was imminent and he would keep me updated. I replied asking another related question, no response.

I could have built a leg extension machine in this time. That would include doing a course to learn how to.

James, I have forwarded the emails to you.

Ok - I have called 6 times to enquire if there is any chance the joining fee can be reduced or taken off. But no one has picked up - I ring and ring until their system hangs up.

NOT acceptable for somewhere that charges the same as privately run gym companies...

Anyone with any issues should email the following: tara.quinn@ southwark.gov.uk as detailed in a past thread. Having said that, she has been overseeing the management for years, so maybe no hope.

As I said in a past thread, they got rid of the good people and replaced with cheap labour. They don't care, it's a money making machine for Fusion.

The council are responsible for all the maintenance and the infrastructure, so Tara Quinn above is the person to contact overall.

BrandNewGuy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Fusion. Conway. Lend Lease. All 'friends' of

> Southwark Council. And all of them unassailable.

True. Fusion are not the only baboons pocketing millions from Southwark...

I agree with most of these posts. Fusion need to pull their finger out. But am I right in thinking that - dare I say it - the air conditioning is actually working at the moment? I visited the Dulwich Leisure Centre today, admitedly not the hottest day we've had recently. The nasty, portable aircon units have been removed and there was an almost decent flow from the permanent overhead jobbies. Fingers crossed they keep working through the summer.