Rats at East Dulwich train station

Am I the only one who is disturbed by the alarming number of well fed rats strolling boldly around the platforms and walkways in broad daylight? One rat on his merry way was only a metre from my daughter in her buggy yesterday. We watched as four of them feasted on the junk behind the passenger waiting areas.

There never seems to be anyone there when I am. How else do I do it? Been on the TFL website but can't seem to see an easy way to do that and I am not keen on spending a great deal of time hanging on the phone.

usagi Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There never seems to be anyone there when I am.

> How else do I do it? Been on the TFL website but

> can't seem to see an easy way to do that and I am

> not keen on spending a great deal of time hanging

> on the phone.

It's Southern who manage East Dulwich station. Contact details in the link below.

http://www.southernrailway.com/p/contact-us/

Oh i had a dreadful encounter with a large rat, 2 weeks ago. It was rummaging around the grass in Peckham Rye Park , near the stream. As soon as i crossed the little bridge, its beady eyes clocked my every movement!

I've never been so scared in a longtime - its was a very large rat, with dirty grey fur and big black/yellow eyes. I walked away as fast as i could.

I'm sure it could have easily taken down a small child.

It might be time to see if the pizza place is adhering to the necessary standards when it comes to disposal (and containment) of its rubbish. If not, that could be a large source of food for rats.

I received this reply from Southern:

Thank you for your recent email concerning large rats at East Dulwich station, as observed on the 25 June 2015.

I am very sorry you have noticed vermin at East Dulwich. We do take the health and safety of our customers extremely seriously so I have raised this with the Station Group Manager for investigation. Please be aware that a full investigation may take some time so I thank you in advance for your patience. Once our investigation is complete. I shall be in touch with you again.