Just a wish...(there was a baby/pram/child free pub in ED)

I got asked by a Mummy and Daddy not to swear whilst having a conversation with a mate in a pub recently, it wasn't gratuitous sweating, more for fecking emphasis IYKWIM.

I apologised, but then started thinking hey what just happened there - it's a pub for fucks sake !

Not a fan of creshes selling alcohol basically.

Hahahaha! Glad to know I am not alone. Yeah I know they are after 8:30, but on the weekend when I go for a lovely glass of vino in the afternoon, pram dodging and shrieking kids kind of ruins it. Sorry....I do love kids but not all the time!

Yeah kidkruger. I had a mum ask me not to spoke on the back patio of a pub. I told her that since smokers can't go inside that space is used by smokers and so I had no intention of not smoking. Same with sweating. A place that sells alcohol is an adult establishment. So I won't curb adult behaviour. If I was in a playground it would have been a different story.

I've always thought that airlines that advertised flights that only allowed adults (well, say, 15 years old and over) would be extraordinarily popular. Especially long-haul overnight flights.

The thing is that threads like this make people think that posters are anti-kids, when that's not the case at all.

If I had young children I'd love the fact that I could take them to the pub. And I did take mine to the pub!

However, there should be child free pubs for adults who don't want to be surrounded by children (me!), who like kids but would prefer to drink in a peaceful adult environment.

So that everybody has the choice and everyone is happy.

Perhaps if there was one pub that was really family friendly - toys or a soft play section (not sure how feasible that would be tho) then the families would migrate there leaving the less family friendly ones less populated by families. A pub with a playroom like the Florence in Herne Hill would be brilliant. As a mum, but still an adult, I'd love somewhere I could go with the kids and friends with kids without feeling like we were upsetting others.

Problem is that most pubs are very food orientated these days, so people go for lunch and take the kids. Whereas it used to be that you'd go to the pub to drink and watch football or just talk shit to your mates for a while, so people didn't tend to take kids in very often.

I adore my two kids, but I HATE taking them to pubs, it just ruins the experience of being in the pub for me.

With the exception of whe4n my 6 year old comes for a pint (me not her) after a Dulwich Hamlet match, because the crowd I go with always dote on her so I can sneak off for a fag and know she's in safe hands.

"so called parents"...

Seriously?

Went to the re-incarnation of the Patch / Mag / whatever it used to be called last night. There was not a soul in there on a sunny, Friday evening. Suggest you go there for a quiet pint without the bother of other people.

I am the proud father of an 18 month old and love the pub, love watching football, love watching football in a pub. I am very happy to take my son to The Actress at midday on a Sunday (family friendly). Love it. Great family atmosphere. Our future. Our Legacy.

Would never take him near a pub when he should be in bed / having time at home. This generally comes after 6pm. If you can wait till 6pm, you can gnerally have a child free experience. If you can't. Oh well, take your chances I guess.