Hidden Birdsong Unearthed on P13 Bus Route

I was sitting in my own tiny piece of South East London I call my garden the other day and noticed how nice it was to hear birdsong from neighbouring rooftops. I wondered why I'd never really noticed this before when it dawned on me that the P13 is currently on diversion. It is amazing how much quieter it is along Underhill Road that something as everyday as simple birdsong is no longer drowned out by the noise of a residential street choked by the congestion caused by the bus and associated traffic. Granted the water mains work has closed the route as a cut through to the top of Lordship Lane but I for one would not be disappointed if Thames Water decided to take their time in finishing before returning the road to normal.

In the meantime the Upland/Crebor street block is being hammered by drivers acting as if they're on the M1. My neighbour's car was side swiped this afternoon (about 2:45pm if anyone happened to witness it? It was a hit and run).

I do agree (as a runner who goes up and down Underhill a lot) that it's much more peaceful at the moment, although maybe not for the people with the big hole outside of their houses.