Timber yard noise

Just wondering if it's completely necessary or acceptable for the timber yard near East Dulwich station to start using their vehicles before 8am with the incredibly loud "stand clear, vehicle reversing" sound that their machines use. Are they not subject to the same noise rules as other builders etc?!

Simply because is it an existing business doesn't make it exempt from Noise Pollution legislation. I think you are perfectly in your rights to be annoyed and complain. Maybe you could try talking to them first? Can those reversing alarms be turned off or down?

We had problems several years ago from the builders yard round back of East Dulwich Station with the reverse beeps of their vehicles resonating across St Francis Estate very early in the morning. They managed to tone them down - not sure how.

I do have sympathy when it comes to the reversing alarms. Years ago I lived in a flat in Liverpool right opposite the loading bay at the back of an Aldi. Every morning I was woken up by "BEEP BEEP. THIS VEHICLE IS REVERSING" Repeated over and over for several minutes.

Contact planning enforcement and ask what is stated in their change of use....we had problems for several years turned out they shouldn't have been doing any of the stuff they were doing before 8am. I would guess it will be the same in this situation.