Car vandalism - Melbourne Grove

Hello. I'm gutted that this is my first post, but has anyone else experienced car vandalism on Melbourne Grove? My poor little Fiat Punto, parked outside Mr Liu's Chinese restaurant, was keyed and had both of the wing mirrors pulled off. The car is rubbish enough, it really doesn't need anymore help from whoever did this.

Yes - my husband posted a couple weeks ago, our car was badly keyed parked in that very same spot. I have also posted a while back about our previous car which on three separate occassions was keyed and had wing mirrors smashed or pulled off, all while parked on Melbourne Grove near Mr Liu's. Really sorry to hear you have also been a victim of this totally senseless vandalism. I would encourage you to report it to the police, even if you're not going to make an insurance claim or anything as the more incidents they are aware of, the more they can get foot patrols out in the area at night when these things are happening. We've already lost hundreds of pounds (that we really don't have spare!) getting the vandalism repaired and haven't yet decided what to do about the latest one, as I will lose my no claims discount if we claim again, but the scratches are so deep that it's going to require new panels, which is extremely expensive. Every time I think about it, it makes me feel sick.

Yes, it's happened to me on three different occasions now. But this latest time they have really upped their game - I have 'XXX' scratched onto the back and a weird flower design (a tulip, I think) scratched onto the bonnet. Neither of which suit the car, at all. I'm just not going to park there anymore. Yes, I will report it to the police ASAP. So needless. So annoying. So expensive.

Esee/Gillian,

It might be worth the two of you comparing notes about exactly where you are parking. I just wonder if there is more to this than random vandalism - if you parked in exactly the same place, could this be about someone trying to keep control of a space that they consider "theirs"? I lived in a block of flats with private parking once and someone kept vandalising cars that parked in a particular space. Turned out to be one of the residents who liked to use that as "his" space - even though it was someone else's reserved space. The block ended up putting up a camera to catch him.

I'm wondering the same thing. When I lived in Derwent Grove, someone used to leave very aggressive notes on my windscreen suggesting that the space outside their house was "theirs". There are people screwed up enough to do this sort of thing. Not sure what you can do but if it really is the same place maybe the police/council could help with CCTV?

Siduhe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Esee/Gillian,

>

> It might be worth the two of you comparing notes

> about exactly where you are parking. I just

> wonder if there is more to this than random

> vandalism - if you parked in exactly the same

> place, could this be about someone trying to keep

> control of a space that they consider "theirs"? I

> lived in a block of flats with private parking

> once and someone kept vandalising cars that parked

> in a particular space. Turned out to be one of

> the residents who liked to use that as "his" space

> - even though it was someone else's reserved

> space. The block ended up putting up a camera to

> catch him.

If four different people have experienced the same thing, parked in the same place on Melbourne Grove then this does start to feel like a sustained campaign rather than random vandalism (at least to me). It might be worth asking the local SNT and/or councillors for some advice or at least bringing this trend to their attention - maybe a home nearby has CCTV that might help? Really sad (and frankly, outrageous) if this is someone acting over a parking space.