Fly Tipper on Silvester Road in blue T-shirt

To the wanker in the beige trousers and blue t-shirt at 2.20 this afternoon (Saturday 25th) who pulled up in his car and dumped his old tat on the pavement - I have your registration number and I have you on camera so why not do the decent thing and come and pick it up again. Fly-tipping is anti-social.

giggirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> To the @#$%& in the beige trousers and blue

> t-shirt at 2.20 this afternoon (Saturday 25th) who

> pulled up in his car and dumped his old tat on the

> pavement - I have your registration number and I

> have you on camera so why not do the decent thing

> and come and pick it up again. Fly-tipping is

> anti-social.

no point posting it on here, you need to report it to Southwark Council,like the op said,so they can do something about it - like come & take it away, because you know the guy who dumped it won't.

I'm sure she's reported it as well, giggirl is not daft. But Silvester Road does seem to be a target for flytippers, no idea why, and it's frustrating to have to keep reporting it. It gets cleaned up fast, which is good, but keeps happening. So I understand the urge to publicly shame and call out this behaviour. Perhaps more could be done to enforce the law here? Maybe James has some suggestions?

Judging by what gets left, I think it may be a combination of people dumping their own rubbish, and others that have taken bin bags from properties to root through, and then dumped them.

Some people need to vent their feelings (they may already have separately notified the council) and, in doing so, also alert local people that something antisocial has happened or is happening. Social media isn't always meant to be a precise form of communication and different people choose to use their own different conversational, but still often very useful, styles, for example: "To the @#$%& in the beige trousers and blue t-shirt at 2.20 this afternoon...", etc.

Vive la difference!