Gowlett Road/Hinckley Road noisy neighbours

Feel awful this is my first post and I am here to moan... Some joyful souls sang their hearts out last night from around midnight to 3:30am... Dancing queen, barbie girl, I'll be there for you and other shower time classics... Didn't want to report you guys and ruin your karaoke party but please keep it down a bit next time... Cheers

No point posting here you should be contacting the Southwark Council about this. And they won't the reading the forum, it'll be too early as they'll all still be in bed with hangovers.

ONLY JOKING, but I thought I'd be the first here to say it. /curmudgeon mode ;-)

From that playlist it sounds as though they'd be of 'a certain age' and should know better. I'm having a similar local problem but it's more of a persistent up to 3am "Livin' la Vida Loca" issue. I'll be reporting them too next time.

Thanks Andrew thought I'd give this forum a try before I report them to the council. Every neighbourhood has "a voice" eh.

Jah my guess is I am younger than the singers, but that's not really the point... If I sound miserable it's probably due to the lack of sleep :(

They were super noisy!!! Ace of base rendition and bohemian rhapsody were particularly entertaining!

We are hoping it was a one off and doesn't happen every weekend (can't complain as we have probably been those neighbours once)! We could see which house it was coming from so will happily mention it to them if it happens again!

Now for an afternoon snooze....

Grab yourself a clipboard or file put in your Southwark Council Tax bill or any other correspondence with Southwark Logo sticking out the top and walk around there - assuming they don't know you of course. Pretend to be from the noise control team. Be nice and say you have no option but to call on them because there have been complaints.

Done it twice myself and it worked a treat. 100% more effective than ringing Southwark, waiting an hour for a call back and a further hour for them to come around and trample through your house to see if they can hear the noise and do nothing in the end.... I have tried it the proper way to no avail and I do not own a handgun - unusual for Peckham I grant you so my clipboard is my new weapon. Can be borrowed at a fee !!!!

Monts; Im pretty sure its me who should be feeling horrible that my first post is to appologise, rather than you having to get online to ask for one! The playlist seems gutwrenchingly familiar and I believe this may have been my party (allthough the date seems a little off). I spoke to immediate niegbours and handed out my phone number ahead of time etc, and left a note on the front of the house with a number as well, but thats no excuse for lack of self regulation. I value our community and would hate to fall out with anyone over this, so sincerest appologies to everyone and thanks for your patience. It was indeed a one off and wont happen again. I will have to trust freddie mercury will somehow live on in our hearts without my homage.