Best route to Paddington Rail Station ?

185 to Oval then bus from there to Paddington station. I think there are two buses which go, and if memory serves you don't have to change bus stops at Oval.

Probably takes longer than train, but much less hassle.

ETA: And coming back the other way, also very easy, no change of bus stop at the Oval end.

I go to Paddington every day and 176 bus is a good to E&C and Bakerloo Line as long as you can find space on the bus for luggage. Get off opposite the Bakerloo station entrance. Allow for time at E&C as there is only one lift in operation at the moment.

Option 2 is train to Victoria and Victoria Line to Oxford Circus and cross platform change onto Bakerloo.

Option 3 is London Bridge route and Jubilee Line to Baker Street and change onto Bakerloo Line. No lift at moment so you will need to take luggage down two escalators.

Option 4 to Farringdon and change onto Hammersmith and City works ok but you will arrive at back end of station and may have a hike back to front of station for your train - depends which platform you need. If you go for this option I recommend back of the train so that you can walk back to the lift with your luggage and go up to ticket hall and across to platform for Hammersmith and City.

• 7 months later...

Yes - but it's a bit quicker to take the Victoria Line to Oxford Circus and change to the Bakerloo (very easy change across platforms).

Another option I've used when in a hurry = Uber to Brixton then Victoria-Bakerloo tube. Can be done door to platform in about 45 mins if all the stars align.

The Victoria route only works outside rush hour. Queues to get into the Tube station before 9 can be horrendous - particularly with bags since so many steps. And how quickly a Circle line train might come is a law unto itself - Victoria changing to Bakerloo at Oxford Circus much quicker.

To be honest, if you're heading to Paddington to take get to Heathrow, it's quicker taking the District Line to Hammersmith and then crossing the platform to Piccadilly line. By the time you cross over to Paddington and wait for a Heathrow Express, it can be just as quick - and a heck of a lot cheaper.

The only problem with the Farringdon trains are timeliness. If you are heading for a peak time departure from Paddington then delays and sudden cancellations on thameslink (extremely common at these times of day)can add an extra heaping of stress on top of an already crowded and unpleasant journey. I'd go with ruffers suggestion every time because trains from ED are more frequent. Farringdon routes might be more stress free when they work...but unfortunately thameslink train services are a complete joke.

Might be stressful when the Bakerloo line is not stopping there! - see my link above

Should be OK from Farringdon - Metropolitan and Circle not affected

edcam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Train to Farringdon then tube is the least

> stressful option, believe me, I've tried ALL the

> routes!

KrackersMaracas Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ah yes - although you can still change from the

> jubilee to the Hammersmith and City or the circle

> line at Baker Street.

It's a bit of a walk though. I used to change between those lines to work at Royal Oak as you have to go up the escalator, cross the Met platforms, then the footbridge to the H&C/Circle platforms.