Weekend Postman on Crystal Palace Rd

Is anyone on here experiencing post being left outside their front door on the floor by the post man/woman and not being pushed through the letter box? In the last six months I have had post being left outside my property on the floor or thrown on my blue recycling box particularly on a Saturday, sometimes my post is clear marked Private & Confidential, however this makes no difference. I have taken pictures of this and complained several times to Dulwich sorting office on Sylvester Road with no joy. This is becoming a problem for me as I have been cloned 3 times in the last six months, The last time I complained I was told one of the postal staff at Sylvester Rd is under investigation. Today my new credit card and my pension statement both clearly marked private and confidential was left outside my property on the floor, I'm at a loss as my letter box is literally just above where the post was left. I am going back to Sylvester Rd next week and wanted to see if anybody else is having this problem, surely It can't just be my address. Any advice is welcome. Thanks

Nigello, sounds like WrightC has complained several times to the sorting office already.

Could you get a cheap CCTV set up in your porch? Would that be legally ok? Maybe in that case you could record the postman being sloppy and present the sorting office with some more hard evidence?

Hi Lynne, I will be printing this thread and taking this to Sylvester Road this week and I will mention your post issues too. Btw you are at threat if your post is also left on your outer porch, as all an opportunist will need is your name and address and your identity could be compromised.

Lynne Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ours is often left on the outer porch for anyone

> to help themselves to. Hadn't occurred to me to

> ccmplain, perhaps I should add my voice to yours.

Minder,unfortunately no, I haven't seen the weekend postman / woman, unless I literally camp at my front door on a Saturday morning which isn't really an option. Thanks for your advice.

minder Wrote:

> WrightC, have you spoken to your postman/woman?

> Realise that might not be possible if you're out

> etc. but just a thought?

My experiences have been ridiculous. My digital video camera could not fit through my letterbox and was left in my hedge. I think it was there for a couple of days in the rain before I spotted it. Also a bicycle I had bought off Gumtree was left on my doorstep. With the amount of flyers and rubbish posted through my door anyone could have just grabbed it and walked off relatively unnoticed.

I was in all day last Saturday waiting on a package. I tracked the item on Monday and it says they tried to deliver on Saturday Aug 8th - lies! Furthermore, there was no red slip left through the letterbox to say collect the item at the delivery office. I had to request redlivery based on the tracking number since I didn't have a slip to go to the delivery office. Very poor service. Fingers crossed they actually redeliver this Saturday!

stevie23b Wrote:

> If you want all this gear delivered to your door

> then 'be in'

Thats not necessarily how it works! Standard practice is if you are not in it gets left at the Post Office for you to collect for a couple of weeks. I am not going to get a bicycle frame shipped to my office and lug it back home on the train or bus! Perfectly acceptable to "be out"

It can sometimes help, if you haven't, to leave a note for the postman asking for the mail to be posted properly. Even something which has an arrow pointing to the postbox and 'Please post here' can help. However some posties have problems with (a) letter boxes which are at the bottom of doors and (b) boxes with very tight springs - these can be genuinely dangerous and many posties suffer injuries to their fingers in trying to post in them. Is either of these the case for you?

Penguin68 Wrote:

> It can sometimes help, if you haven't, to leave a

> note for the postman asking for the mail to be

> posted properly. Even something which has an arrow

> pointing to the postbox and 'Please post here' can

> help. However some posties have problems with (a)

> letter boxes which are at the bottom of doors and

> (b) boxes with very tight springs - these can be

> genuinely dangerous and many posties suffer

> injuries to their fingers in trying to post in

> them. Is either of these the case for you?

Hi, Thanks for your advise. However I have tried leaving a note on my front door requesting my mail to be posted into my letter box and my mail is still left on the floor. My letter box is not tight or have tight spring, and also located waist height! I cannot see why my post is left on the floor but pure ignorance or a dodgy postman (as per my original post, I have been cloned three times in six months) which is why I started complaining to Royal Mail in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
Except don't complain at Sylvester Road. I eventually complained to the Royal Mail directly by phone through their website when we were getting post only three days a week (the guy was too lazy to do his round properly), and was told that complaints to the sorting depots never go anywhere. You need to ring the RM directly and complain and log it, and they'll hold the manager responsible for investigating. Otherwise, it won't get logged and will just be met with a shrug!