Forest Hill Tavern - Late Night Noise (Lounged)

woody

We've noticed that there seems to be a significant increase in the number of people spilling out into the streets around the Forest Hill Tavern and making a LOT of noise after it closes on a Friday and Saturday night....l'm talking about 3-3:30am in a highly residential area. Last night was not so good, with a group of 8-10 people shouting and milling around on our road, with another group doing the same on Forest Hill Road at the bus stop near the pub....albeit that group seemed to be brewing-up for a fight amongst themselves or with others.

Being a grumpy so-and-so if l get woken up in the middle of the night, I was wondering what people think to the fact that a nightclub seems to have sprung-up, unknowingly to me at least, wihtoutany consultation.

What do other people think?

I live very close to the FHT Woodie and I haven't noticed any noise late at night. In fact I thought that it has been much better than a few years ago.

It will be interesting to get a few more opinions as it may be that I'm a really heavy sleeper now and a few years ago I would have been up every night with a new baby!

I was there on friday and i have to say that at around 10pm the back half of the garden is closed off

but according to MADWORLD74 rough bunch is a bit over the top i would say that i had a good evening and its a friendly enviroment and i have not witnessed any form of trouble.

Yes is it around a residental area but who gave them a late licence??? (the council)

the question isn't whether they have rough people or not....it's whether they have a license to offer what they do in the form of charging for entry to a public house or whether they are now some sort of nightclub.

i can't remember being consulted....so if there's a lot of noise from people spilling out this weekend, l'll be sure to raise it with southwark and see if my concerns have any grounds....

Maybe someone who recognises the right of people to enjoy themselves despite the grumblings of NIMBY local residents.

If you can't deal with a bit of noise now and again, why are you living in one of the world's biggest and busiest cities? I suggest you should go and stagnate in your cardigan and slippers somewhere in Zone 6.

jrussel is perhaps one of the a*seholes screaming "come over here and l'll kick the f*cking sh*t out of you" 100m away from my bedroom at a nightbus stop at 3:30 in the morning

creating a bit of noise now and again is absolutely fine....until it's taken to an extreme and it impinges upon others.....having to endure it every friday & saturday night ain't my idea of occasional....

perhaps jrussel otherwise belongs to the "talk to the hand cos the face ain't listening" brigade......ORRRR....it's actually Kevin the owner in disguise

woody Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> jrussel is perhaps one of the a*seholes screaming

> "come over here and l'll kick the f*cking sh*t out

> of you" 100m away from my bedroom at a nightbus

> stop at 3:30 in the morning

As Woodys post reveals, they are not a 'pleasant' crowd. Tiger Ranks, maybe having a pie and a pint and then a fight is your idea of a good night out? Because the crowds that frequent the HoiPoloi are rough. Rough with a capital R.

SWEET LORD!!!!!! YOU PEOPLE!!!!

Has anyone thought to go see the manager of the pub or even arrange a residents meeting with the manager in his pub to talk about the noise??????

Surely that would be your first move before involving the council and trying to destroy someones livelyhood!!!!!!

quite....the conditions of the license are being violated. they clearly states that there must be no late night disturbances.

the council should sort this out and not the locals....that's what we pay them for