The New Cherry Tree On Grove Vale

Zak

The cherry Tree has rarely received any praise on the EDF but I popped in last night - fantastic refurb job, much lighter and nicely decorated and laid out.

Bar staff friendly, good range of beers and ales and food looks really good.

Beer garden has been tidied up and there's a rooflight at the back which brings some light in.

The owners have evidently spent good money, which is why the pub has been closed for 2 months.

Good news - they're still showing football too - so will make this my local again.

Jeremy - I had a Trumans Zephyr and Sambrooks Wandle there on Weds night. They had a board with a decent list, although I can't remember the details (Peckham Brick brewery was on there.)

Looks promising. They've split up the huge front area so it's a bit more cosy. It does seem a bit clean and new, but then it is. Staff seemed very friendly.

selhurst Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The cherry Tree has rarely received any praise on

> the EDF but I popped in last night - fantastic

> refurb job, much lighter and nicely decorated and

> laid out.

>

> Bar staff friendly, good range of beers and ales

> and food looks really good.

> Beer garden has been tidied up and there's a

> rooflight at the back which brings some light in.

>

> The owners have evidently spent good money, which

> is why the pub has been closed for 2 months.

>

> Good news - they're still showing football too -

> so will make this my local again.

I'm sure the new owners would appreciate you buying more than a 'half of Speckledhen' during the next Chelsea match.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Previous owners long gone.

Are you sure JL? That's what was rumoured last time - and the miserable git was always there with his insidious miserableness infecting the place.

Personally, if he has gone for good I would return as it is convenient and spacious. And if they are going to show the footie then...ooooh....

Laddy Muck Wrote:

> Jah Lush Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Previous owners long gone.

>

> Are you sure JL? That's what was rumoured last

> time - and the miserable git was always there with

> his insidious miserableness infecting the place.

>

>

> Personally, if he has gone for good I would return

> as it is convenient and spacious. And if they are

> going to show the footie then...ooooh....

Gone for good this time. No coming back. They sold out and have moved on.

Was in there last night and I am impressed. It looks a million times better than before! Great beer garden and pleasant staff😄 haven't tried the food yet but hopefully it's good. Quirky seating places, leather sofas and a much warmer feel. Looking forward to enjoying my new local more!

LM Glad you saw the pun Tony will be waiting with free drinks at his new venue for all his old regulars ( and there's a shed load of them ) lot's of very encouraging post's about the new make over any one know opening/closing times.

Bob S

bob Wrote:

> Yes defo he has gone sold out to the new owners

> will not be back any one wishing to see him can

> find him at the Golden Lion Sydnam High Street so

> good luck to the new Cherry tree.

> Bob S

Just hope it's not in the carpark with a hatchet sticking out of his nut.

Great weekend so far. A brilliant first Saturday in the sun. Everyone was chilling in the back garden

Just to let you know we have four ale taps on rotation from local breweries priced from ?3.50 to ?4.20. Also very reasonable priced cocktails around the ?6 mark. Not bad for a London boozer.

Oh we have homemade seasonal food. Menu looking very good. Today we've got four roasts that are yum. Roast rump of beef fresh horseradish, roast porchetta (rolled and stuffed pork belly and loin), mushroom nut roast and roast chicken bread sauce all served with all the trimmings and gravy. We also have other dishes and bar snacks. Just want to let you all know about the food because it's something we love.

Anyway enough of the plug on here. ( sorry admin) Got to run getting busy already the roast are flying out...