Noise Complaints - Make them!

flyer22

Hello

Had a problem with some builders next door drilling at 6.53am this morning. Promptly informed them about Southwark's 8am-6pm rule and when they failed to agree to stick to it, I called Southwark anyway.

INTERESTINGLY - the Southwark Council Noise Officer who came to investigate the complaint informed me that the 8am-6pm timing wasn't a legal rule at all but guidance. It only became a legal restriction after the Noise Officers placed the construction work under an 8am-6pm restriction. So until that restriction was in place they could build all night if they liked!

Moral of the story - complain as soon as possible and get the Noise Officers down!

Over and out.

Yes - no construction noise beyond the bounds of your property except between 8am-6pm. If you lived in a detached house and could be sure that the noise/vibration of your drilling does not escape your property, you would appear to be free to do so. However, if you are terraced or detached you may have problems with the sound travelling.

rahrahrah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> KidKruger Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > what about if you're working on your own house

> -

> > is there a rule governing when you can do that

> > i.e. drill in your own house at 6.53am ?

>

>

> Why would anyone want to start drilling at 6.53am?

Especially when 6.54 is such a better time.... However as the op said, it is guidance not a rule about the 8 till 6 so if you do need to drill after 6 and your neighbours are fine with it the. Go ahead but that also depends on the relationship you have with your neighbours....

rahrahrah Wrote:

> KidKruger Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > what about if you're working on your own house

> -

> > is there a rule governing when you can do that

> > i.e. drill in your own house at 6.53am ?

>

> because they underpriced the job and are a bunch of scabs.

> Why would anyone want to start drilling at 6.53am?

I've had builders either side of me for over 2 years and I haven't moaned once.... Moan moan moan moan moan that's all these yuppies do, I was on my phone whilst Parkin my car and guess what a yuppy goes ( heeey get off the phone you bloody bathoon ) I mean talk about stick ur nose in somebody else's business nosey yuppie

As I have been in the building trade and a home owner myself for over 15 years I understand exactly what your complaining about - The LAW is no trade can start noisy work before 8am and they have to finish by 6pm - this is Southwarks rules - http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/412/noise_problems/379/construction_noise - Yet these are not just Southwarks rules these are the rules throughout the UK. I myself as a tradesman am always aware of the clients neighbours - as should all trades. Why when your working for a client would you want to upset their neighbours - I don't understand - they are obviously cowboys who don't care & you need to SHOUT out to you neighbours and explain otherwise I recommend you make as much noise as you wish in the early hours just to f**k you clearly oblivious neighbours off!!!!! LOL.

ourbubbleonline Wrote:

> As I have been in the building trade and a home

> owner myself for over 15 years I understand

> exactly what your complaining about - The LAW is

> no trade can start noisy work before 8am and they

> have to finish by 6pm - this is Southwarks rules -

> http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/412/noise_problem

> s/379/construction_noise - Yet these are not just

> Southwarks rules these are the rules throughout

> the UK. I myself as a tradesman am always aware of

> the clients neighbours - as should all trades. Why

> when your working for a client would you want to

> upset their neighbours - I don't understand -

> they are obviously cowboys who don't care & you

> need to SHOUT out to you neighbours and explain

> otherwise I recommend you make as much noise as

> you wish in the early hours just to f**k you

> clearly oblivious neighbours off!!!!! LOL.

Talking through your **** old boy, there is no 'law' on it but yes most tradesmen show courtesy by talking **** about Millwall or Chelsea until past eight and of course are gone at 3.30 (traffic between Dulwich and Plumstead)