Royal British Legion Club - Barry Road

Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I am interested in finding out more information about the Royal British Legion Club on Barry road.

Has anyone on the forum been in here? Who can go into this club? What is the protocol?

I used to go to the local RSA (Returned Servicemen Association) clubs back in New Zealand for a beer or meal, and I was wondering if this is the same, as if it is I would like to support them.

I am a young fulla, and not an ex - serviceman, but we were still welcome in the clubs as long as we signed in. Is this the same here?

Thanks in advance for you help on this.

You'd probably have to contact the Club Secretary and ask about new admissions. Google the phone number and then just give them a call. Then they may ask you to pop down for a chat one night. My Uncle was a member of the Legion, so I kinda know what the form is.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi my name is Dave; I am the Secretary of the Royal British Legion Club in Barry Road. You can come and visit us, you do not have to be X service. We are open Saturday 1pm to 12.00 Sunday 12.00 to 11.00 Tuesdays 8pm 12.00 Wed 1pm to 6 pm Thurs 8pm to 12.00 Fri 8pm to 12.00. Sorry we do not do food. However Beer @ ?2 per pint not to bad. Company Good No smoking inside heated smoking shelter on the patio. Live Entertainment most Saturdays.Guests welcome Call in for a visit.Ask for Dave King.