Pay What You Like for Charity @ Dulwich Hamlet

Inbetweener

To the admins: I have posted this in the Dulwich Hamlet section, but hope you allow it to stay on here to reach a wider audience, for lots of people who wouldn't look at the thread on the local football club.

A forthcoming home game will have all of the proceeds to local charity, which we hope the folk from East dulwich & beyond will come along to support. here are the details...

On Saturday 3rd October The Hamlet are at home to VCD Athletic. This is the week before 'Non League Day', which is a national initiative to get people, to go to their local non-league side, on a 'blank' top flight international weekend.

We are scheduled to be away that day, so the Club owners HADLEY PROPERTY have kindly agreed to a 'Pay What You Like' match the week before, which is the 3rd.

The beneficiaries will be Cooltan Arts, a Walworth Road charity in the mental health field, who are the club's official charity partners for 2015/16; & the British Heart Foundation. The BHF being chosen as two of our loyal fans has two very serious heart illnesses last season. Both mental health issues & heart problems are things that affect almost every single person locally, so please spread the word & tell your family, friends, work colleagues...in fact thw whole world, to come along! Your Twitter, Facebook & other social media accounts are ideal for this.

Every penny raised, after the usual matchday costs will be donated to the two charities, & last season our fans & the wider local community turned out in droves, with just over ?6,000 being donated to the Mayor of Southwark's chosen charities, which were both related to working with the homeless. They were Homes4Heroes & The Robes Project.

Great gesture DH. Even though I hate footy I shall bring my family to that match :)

A very worthwhile charity. Need for Mental health treatment is increasing and resources to treat people effectively are being reduced. None of that is helped by the wider public ignorance of how mental health issues can destroy some peoples lives. People CAN be treated, and returned back to functioning lives, BUT there are nowhere near enough resources available to achieve that at present. So every bit helps.