Time out best place in London to live...really?

Sporthuntor

hellosailor Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> littlethistle Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Uhhh, really? Clapham has a lot more to offer

> than

> > East Dulwich.

>

>

> I'm intrigued?like what?

Actually, more curious to know what you think Nappy Central has to offer...?

littlethistle, Sailor asked first so it would be polite to aster her question. I'm intrigued too - what is it you think Clapham offers that ED doesn't?I don't see it myself.

And by 'nappy central' do you mean Clapham or ED - both have been known as 'nappy valley' for many years now - so it's hard to distinguish?

Jeremy Wrote:

> Better transport. Younger population with more of

> a bar scene. Probably better restaurants. Bigger

> houses.

>

> On the downside... rugby boys everywhere.

Perfect summary from Jeremy.

Clapham (SW4) has larger houses than most (not all of ED) but it also has load more flats and council housing. That?s fine but its not like the housing stock is all beautiful large Victorian houses.

While Clapham is on the northern line, the rush hour commute takes as long to most places as it would from ED, particularly as you have to let a few trains go by before you can get on.

I don?t think Clapham High Street has better food than Lordship Lane but it does have more options for going out for a proper night out. SW4 is younger but I?m not sure if that?s actually a good or bad thing. It Is just a fact.

I personally prefer East Dulwich?much better green spaces nearby (Dulwich Park, Dulwich Woods, Goose Green, Peckham Rye Park and Common and the Horniman Gardens). Also, being near the Picture Gallery and the natural history museum is really nice. The street art / Dulwich festival also give Dulwich a more interesting vibe in my opinion.

Also, if you can afford them or get a scholarship, the proximity of 3 of the best private schools in the country is another plus for Dulwich. Alleyn?s is in SE22 and JAGs is on East Dulwich Road, nearby in the Village.

Otta Wrote:

> Thing that shows that up to be a load of total

> crap is

>

> 7) E20 Olympic Park

>

>

> Has anyone been up to E20? It's a weird and

> souless place, a new Thamesmead for 2015.

yup. But they are just anticipating the arrival of the Hammers!

Shite(ish). ED station isn't great but Denmark Hill and Peckham Rye aren't far. I can get most places I want to go within 30-40 minutes which for London isn't too bad. Of course, I never go to North West London.... In fact I'm not sure I've ever been to the outer regions of 'The North'. To me its a mystical place like in Games of Thrones :)