worst footpath in ED

dogcat

I am fed up with people complaining about footpaths. What exactly is the problem? If there are serious defects, eg. paving stones lifted substantially by tree roots, then I agree something needs to be done. But if people are going to get all het up about a little bit of broken something here and a small hole there, they really need to look at their priorities. It is disgusting to see people making a fuss about such trivia when there are so many other issues to be dealt with, that no-one has the courage to confront.

Apart from anything else, if we make pavements too smooth, then people will forget how to walk over uneven surfaces, and then one day they will go somewhere where everything is not perfectly paved (e.g. abroad, or the countryside) and will trip up over everything in sight and end up seriously injuring themselves at great cost to the taxpayer (possibly even a foreign taxpayer in a country less wealthy than ours). Don't forget that a mountain rescue helicopter is more expensive than a taxi from East Dulwich to King's College Hospital.

People should learn to negotiate difficult surfaces in locations convenient to medical care.

dogcat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My vote Landells Road!?!?

Quite apart from the footpath, are they ever going to relay the tarmac at the Goodwich to LL section of Landells? It looks half finished, all loose stones and pot-holes.

I went through a phase of tripping every day as I walked home up Melbourne Grove on the left hand side away walking away from the station. I may be picking my feet up a little now .. but it's pretty bad.

Also the pavement of Lordship (right hand side heading towards Goose Green) from carpet / wates old site down to Lane Cafe is atrocious ... add to that puddles that dont drain away and the world of buggaboos on a saturday .. I'd say that's pretty bad.

Unless you're doing 'IT' with a new hot lover Asset,

pretty well everything is mundane, boring,

or repetitive, especially now you have your double first in your pocket.

Yep, life is more or less down hill all the way to Goose Green Roundabout and retirement, but whatchyagonnado!

Had to add a geographical location to stay on target:-$