Shepards in Dulwich Village to become a Sainsbury's?

ElliotW

The existing tenant needs Dulwich Estate permission to assign the lease (not to be unreasonable withheld) but they seem to support it - no doubt it's a sure way to secure the rent.

I have been told that DE has already insisted on some changes to Sainsbury's original layout/design. There is currently no planning application for a new shop front with Southwark but this will come in due course.

For deliveries, because it is the same sort of shop, the Council will have to accept the existing situation - unloading in the street, and parking likewise - it's as now.

The only planning application will be for the shop front - and loading/parking is not part of that. If there is an application for a different 'use class', there will be a chance to comment.

what a shame its not going to be waitrose lol. I'm joking !

i'm fed up with all of them, everywhere you turn a flaming tesco express or sainsbury local has popped up.

I to thought it was very small, how much money do these locals take, or is it just about having a street presence.

East Dulwich Village Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Anyone know what might replace the Post Office at

> No.84 when it moves to the Pharmacy? The new

> Sainsburys will presumably put pressure on the

> newsagent at No. 86 which may also then go. Would

> the Estate allow Sainsburys to expand into these

> units? Surely not...

Surely yes. They don't give a shit. The bigger the company the higher rents they can charge.

There goes the neighbourhood.

What a shame, I flippin' hate Sainsburys local (and Tesco express....and all the others). In my experience it seems good at the time (convenient etc), but then becomes repetative and boring- plus all that crowding in narrow aisles, fruit and veg all pre-packed, squeezing around shelf stackers, no bread left, self scan tills that NEVER save you time because some item doesn't scan.....etc! And it's not even a money saver!

The independent places will be pushed out