Car Keyed last night on Ryedale

gedwina

Yep mine too. Twice. Depending on your paintwork, you may have no choice but to strip down every panel. It's such a mindless crime and can cost a thousand or more to fix. Arseholes.

I was 'fortunate' in that someone else then crashed into the same part of the car while it was parked and I had it all sorted as one claim.

Try http://www.chipsaway.co.uk for a quote if you're not going the insurance route.

Oh and by the way James, I did try and report the crime to the Police by phone or online. They told me the only way to report car-related crime is in person at a police station. The last time I tried that it took half a day queueing. I'm as civically minded as the next guy, but I'm not going to that kind of trouble for such minimal benefit.

I made an official complaint about their reporting procedures and I got a long and sternly-worded letter in reply telling me I was required by law to go to the police station. I replied stating simply that I would not. To which I got an even longer letter phrased in lecturing terms from Met Command & Control. I still refuse. Get the police to join the 21st century and allow things like this to be reported online and I'll happily comply. I've already lost time, 2 weeks' use of my car, 2 years' no claims, they want a half day's lost wages as well? No.

worldwiser Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I was able to dig out the emailed letter which I

> got on 8th Dec 14. Called one or two days before

> that. If they've changed their policy since I'll

> obviously be delighted.

Can you please for ward me this email or redact it with your name and details as PM please?

Who would ever get around to going to a Police station - especially after Boris closing so many?

I've had local Police respond saying about all car crime having to be reported in person at Police stations and not via 101:

"No that is not correct, we do like attending motor vehicle calls and this may have been what the operator has misinterpreted. If you have their details I will get it sorted today for them."

• 1 month later...

Our car got keyed really badly last night on Pellatt Road, looks like we were singled out as couldn't see any other cars, really bad damage all 4 panels of the driving side plus the bonnet which means it will >?1000 to fix. So annoying, don't know why someone would do such a thing.

Have reported it to the police first thing but please be vigilant!

Sorry to hear about people who have been targeted by this mindless vandalism..

I would love to see people who do this to have their Designer Trainers shredded and their Smart phones

confiscated and crushed.. See how they like it..

Better than ?100 fine and 50 hours community service.

DulwichFox.

uncleglen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My dad offered to buy me a new car...I said you

> must be joking it wouldn't stay intact for a week

> where I live. He lives in a poor area and his car

> has never been vandalised

I'm sure I've seen a Lamborghini (or something similarly 24 inches high and costing six figures) parked overnight in Pellatt Road.

I thought at the time... "Brave fellow"!