Upland Road / Crystal Palace Road junction

RobMiller

@edhistory - not sure? I've just been getting increasingly frustrated by the growing barricades which appear to be being put up to stop those of us to the east of Crystal Palace Road getting through to Lordship Lane. And the impact on the Upland Road businesses from months of obstruction doesn't seem to be something that troubles Southwark very much either...

It's really dangerous today. A neighbour has photographed it and reported to Southwark. I pointed it out to a passing police officer as well. Thank you for your concern for the shops. I think all the Upland Road shops have noticed a drop in footfall since the beginning of the building works.

Last week there were builder vans (2 or 3) on the footpath plus a delivery of bricks. Very dangerous for pedestrians. The footpaths are very steadily being destroyed - will the developers be charged for this? I certainly hope so they're going to make a killing out of these properties.

This is being very poorly managed and is really dangerous, especially for vulnerable road users. I've reported to Southwark twice now. This morning there was a flat bed parked on Crystal Palace Rd, right on the corner with Upland Rd, completely blocking sight lines. This is absurd, especially during busy times.

I think that Cosmur (the developers of the Old Police Station site) are: http://www.cosmur.co.uk/who-we-are/ (see logo at bottom of page).

It'd be good if our local Councillors could pick this up. It seemed crazy when the north side pavement was originally blocked for what will eventually be over a year once it's finally opened again, but now it's incredibly dangerous.

The developes are treating this junction as an extension of their property. These big developers are clearly too powerful, Councillors seem too scared to take them on or be publicly critical and I am not sure the Council care- after all who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

This development is not being properly monitored, if it was how could pictures like this emerge and no action taken? Imagine if ordinary residents took over the public streets and paths and blocked them for months on end?

What with the building works on the other side of the road now - WTF! Where are pedestrians supposed to walk. Southwark Council must be cashing in on this - its an accident waiting to happen! whenever I walk past either of these sites most of the workman are sitting down doing sweet FA anyway, in their trucks illegally parked blaring out shite music - who ever is employing them is a fool - too!

James,

Thank you for pursuing this. There really is danger of setting a precedent as other building companies are likley to follow the example of Cosmur and see that they get away with using the street as a building site extension, with no fear of consequences. The dangers to all road and path users are clear.