Petition to reverse Loughborough junction closures

Melihoople

Signed. I signed because I'm a bus user. I don't own a car. Closures like this play havoc with the buses and thus penalise the most disadvantaged members of society. We should be trying to encourage more people to use public transport - this works against that.

Self confessed tree hugger who occasionally uses a car (less and less).

Lived off Herne Hill Road many moons ago and know a rat run almost off the top of my head through logiebrogie juction. My daily cycle ride for more than a decade. Also MOT my car their, so 'imagine my suprise' when I found roads blocked. I guiltily drove a few yards down a now one way street to get the arch for my MOT.

A week or so later when cycling they'd blocked off the route altogether.

Returning the other way round following the no access signs I was getting further and further towards Brixton desparately trying to find route through to Coldharbour Lane.

So next time I needed to go to the garage, I looked it all up to do my rather circuitous route to find out cars were going down the previously blocked or barred routes. Totally confused.

Right, back to being a tree hugger - it is right to make things difficult for the car driver to encourage switching to cleaner transport. Just confused what this scheme is all about as it seems to be in few people's interest - anythng to do with the new 'Oval Quartier' near Myats Fields?

Interestingly bus patonage is being hit by other traffic chaos, mainly all the works for the new cycle routes. Following TfLs inevitable cuts is everything going in the wrong direction re gettng cars off the road?