Was You On The 40? (14/08 19:00-19:15)

cazkid

Hi, Looking for East Dulwichers Who were on the Bus 40 on the 14th august at around 7pm between East Dulwich Station and Goose green

the bus driver drove the bus quite fast and braked very sharply, causing me and other people on the bus to fall forward

(it was like the bus had crashed) the sharp braking caused me to fall forward and i hurt my neck

if anyone was on this bus could they please PM me

In my experience a lot of Bus Drivers in London could do with an anger management course, an etiquette course and a replacement for the dessicated shell that used to be their heart. I've never bought their constant refrain of "Its the customers what is miserable and rude". When I've seen rudeness directed at TfL staff its usually in response to having their perfectly reasonable enquiries met with either offhand indifference or caustic remarks. Along with a lot of Londons public service ills this can be put down to a simple lack of communication. I say sue the buggers... ;-)

KalamityKel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Bon3yard ever tried doing the job yaself? It's

> not as easy as it looks ;-)

Seem to have improved when trying to get rebates on being charged a ?4 Oystercard fare. First time I tried the lady in Canary Wharf just shouted 'You must touch in and out' ad nauseum - seemed not to realise that some of the equipment might be dodgy. Recently in Canada Water the guy just refunded the ?4 - no questions asked.

I'm sure some machines struggle when you have ?2 or less on the card (They take off ?4 then refund the difference on touching out it seems).

JohnL Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> KalamityKel Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Bon3yard ever tried doing the job yaself? It's

> > not as easy as it looks ;-)

>

> Seem to have improved when trying to get rebates

> on being charged a ?4 Oystercard fare. First time

> I tried the lady in Canary Wharf just shouted 'You

> must touch in and out' ad nauseum - seemed not to

> realise that some of the equipment might be dodgy.

> Recently in Canada Water the guy just refunded

> the ?4 - no questions asked.

>

> I'm sure some machines struggle when you have ?2

> or less on the card (They take off ?4 then refund

> the difference on touching out it seems).

xxxx

Off topic, but if you top up your Oyster card automatically online, you can get a printout of your journey history, and you can easily check whether you have been overcharged.

On topic, I have had a few bad bus experiences recently (176 driver completely missed out the stop at the Elephant, so a load of people waiting to get off had to walk all the way back from the other side of the roundabout; 40 driver of half-empty bus failed to stop when hailed at request stop).

I got the reg number and the run number (on the side of the bus) of the 176, but when I tried to report it via the tfl website, I got a "this email address is not known" message back!

Would it be too cynical to suppose that tfl is trying to minimise the number of complaints it has to a) deal with b) publicise statistics of?

I just couldn't be bothered to pursue it any further :-S

I think some are secret wannabe Michael Schumachers and why do they insist on edging out into traffic (tiny nudge on foot break, tiny nudge on accelerator and so on and so on )causing a rocking horse effect (annoying!!!)

I was on that bus, and immediately after the sharp braking a black car shot down the nearest side road (Ondine or Oglander), it looked as though it had turned right across the path of the bus. Sorry about your poorly neck but I think on this occasion stamping on the brakes might have been justified.