Grove Vale closed (Tuesday 27/10/2015)

a_m

Some sort of major incident on Grove Vale which is closed to cars and pedestrians in the section just before the station (if you are coming from Goose Green). You can get to the station on foot if you cut down Copleston and take the shortcut through Hayes Grove.

No crashes, collisions or fires or anyone hurt thank goodness - a personal incident in a flat on this section of the road but with a chance of a possible ramificatiosn to the immediate area, hence the cordoning off, so I am told. All happeneing outside our shop. Eek!

OTT response by the police as usual. Billy Big Potato cops unnecessarily closing the road and disrupting hundreds of people to show how big their spuds are. Ridiculous. Oh, and before all the bleeding hearts, and others complain about my opinion, talk to the staff in the Cherry Tree that saw it all and concur it was well OTT!

Grok Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> OTT response by the police as usual. Billy Big

> Potato cops unnecessarily closing the road and

> disrupting hundreds of people to show how big

> their spuds are. Ridiculous. Oh, and before all

> the bleeding hearts, and others complain about my

> opinion, talk to the staff in the Cherry Tree that

> saw it all and concur it was well OTT!

In reference to the nosey by standers - Blimey... worse than curtain twitching eh?!

You may think it a little over kill and certainly the reporting is highly amusing, apparently the police numbers ranged from 15-20 up to 30-40 according to "eye witnesses"...

The usual damned if ya do damned if ya don't situation surely!