Lordship Lane Surgery

Hi

My family and I have been a patients of Dulwich Medical Centre but am thinking of changing to Lordship Lane Surgery. Does anyone have any experience of this surgery and what the Dr's are like, can you actually get an appointment without planning to be ill in advance?

Thank you

Hi

I find them to be brilliant with my son they always squeeze him in on same day if he is ill. However to get a routine appointment takes ages. Also my appointments are usually an average of 20 mins late. The Drs (both male) are nice enough and sympathetic. The receptionists are sometimes lovely sometimes not so great! I'd give them 67/100, hope that helps!

I always hear better about 360 across the road, but because they have always been good with my son I have stayed put.

I had a terrible experience of Lordship Lane surgery and I moved to 360 across the road and they have been amazing and I've never had an issue getting an appointment where as it could take weeks at Lordhip Lane.

Also, two days after giving birth to my daughter I needed a blood pressure check and so left her with my husband at home thinking I would be 10 mins and they kept me waiting 45 mins (standard there) with nowhere to sit and when I said I had a two day old baby at home they did nothing to try and speed up the appointment. The receptionists were always very rude and unhelpful and I still (18months later) can't get my birth records transferred as they keep misplacing the paperwork to move them! The doctors I found very unsympathetic.

I found them to be fine, if a bit harried and over-worked. Dr Iqbal is very good, nice bedside manner, especially with babies. I take my son (6 months) there for routine shots, check-ups, etc. We have AXA PPP as a family so I don't use them for anything serious on the paediatrics side, but they have processed NHS referrals (endocrinology, orthopaedics) in a timely way for me as an adult patient.

They didn't do a great job on a paperwork enquiry from Legal and General, but they're fine in person. So it's swings and roundabouts.

But look, the real issue (and I'm happy to say it as an American expat) is that they deal with a much broader section of the population than many of the Dulwich surgeries that cater almost exclusively to middle class patients. If that bothers you, then by all means find one that will jolly you along. But if that doesn't bother you and you recognise the NHS is a public good (and are willing to go private if you require added attention), then they're much, much better than the average London GP. Most of the people who complain about them, in my view, seem to be expecting private care on the public purse and are annoyed when they don't get that.

Lordship Lane Surgery as farrago mentions takes in a much wider intake of patients. They take anyone on who lives in SE15, SE16, SE17, SE18, SE19, SE20 SE21, SE22, SE23, SE24. At one point, they accepted patients from across Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham, so have a much wider patient intake.

306 Medical Centre down the road has a smaller catchment area and may be more to your needs or if you live in and around Peckham Rye, The Gardens.